Urban Alliance serves high school youth from under-resourced communities who are at risk of disconnecting from pathways to economic self-sufficiency and lack the skills, experience, and networks needed for success. We use professional or “soft” skills training, access and exposure to direct work experience, and meaningful adult relationships to help young people connect to pathways leading to self-sufficiency. We’re adding significant value, not only to the youth we serve, but also to the businesses with which we partner.
The Donor Relations Coordinator will lead on all aspects of individual giving and donor stewardship, including online giving and annual campaigns. They will also provide critical technical support to the Donor and Communications Team, regional Executive Directors, and the Finance Department, responsible for overseeing the continuity of Salesforce records, coordinating donor cultivation and stewardship for all sources of Urban Alliance revenue, processing incoming checks, maintaining independent financial records, and coordinating monthly revenue reconciliation. The Donor Relations Coordinator will report to the Chief Development Officer.
The Donor Relations Associate will report to the Chief Development Officer.
Individual Donor Stewardship and Cultivation
- Leads individual donor stewardship, including sending timely acknowledgments and other personalized donor correspondence
- Coordinates with senior leadership team on stewardship efforts
- Responds to requests from donors and actively monitors incoming donations
- Manages online giving and event platform (Classy)
- Leads individual donor fundraising campaigns (i.e. Giving Tuesday, and annual 24-hour peer to peer fundraiser)
- Leads direct mail and email annual appeal strategy, including draft copy, design, and analysis and reporting
Manges all streams of individual giving including workplace giving, matching gifts, etc.
- Conducts semi-annual Salesforce audits to ensure development data is accurate and complete
- Updates donor records and contact information as needed
- Conducts batch uploading of development data
- Pulls reports of development data
- Ensures accuracy of all Salesforce records pertaining to grants and job partners
- Interfaces with Evaluation Department to establish automated tracking systems in Salesforce
Liaise with the Finance Department
- Manages incoming checks and financial record keeping
- Coordinates national and regional check deposit support
- Ensures adherence to fiduciary best practices and processes
- Conducts monthly reconciliation with Accounting Manager
- Supports Finance Department with job partner invoicing as needed
Development and Communication Department
- Participates actively in Development Department meetings
- Assists Communication Director with events and website maintenance
- Assists with prospect management and research when needed
- Assists with grant compliance including award letters and reporting requirements
- Contributes to a positive team environment and lend a supporting hand as needed
- Seeks out professional development opportunities for self and department with intentionality
- At least 1 year of nonprofit development/fundraising or other relevant experience
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple work priorities and deadlines
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with CRM databases (Salesforce, etc.) preferred
- Experience with online fundraising and/or event management platforms (Classy, etc.) preferred
- Experience with email marketing platforms (Constant Contact, etc.) preferred
Low to mid-40s, negotiable for candidates with relevant experience.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF document addressed to Julia Kent, Chief Development Officer. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and should be emailed to Careers@theurbanalliance.org with the subject line: Donor Relations Associate
Note: Please do not call to inquire about the position. Any application submitted through means not stated above will not be considered. Learn more at www.theurbanalliance.org.