The Homewise mission is to create successful homeowners and strengthen neighborhoods so that individuals and families can improve their long-term financial wellbeing and quality of life. We empower and support clients with financial education and coaching, real estate services, affordable mortgage lending, and down payment assistance, loan servicing, refinance and home improvement lending. We also strengthen neighborhoods by increasing homeownership through real estate development, property rehabilitation, and revitalizing communities. If you are looking for a dynamic, high-energy work environment that is focused on creating positive change, consider a career with Homewise. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, retirement, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and growth opportunities.
We are currently seeking a results-oriented strategic thinker to join our team as the Resource Development Director. The mission of the Resource Development Director is to develop and grow relationships with the philanthropic, corporate, and public sectors to provide both equity and favorable debt ensuring the financial health of Homewise. The ideal candidate is someone that has the ability to work independently, lead, engage, motivate, and influence others to achieve company and individual growth, can juggle multiple projects, collaborate, and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing to generate innovative ideas while actively making decisions to solve problems and bring new ideas to the organization.
Resource Development Director Job Duties Include:
- Conceive, refine and implement a multi-year, versatile fundraising strategy including grant acquisition, corporate and community sponsorships, and impact investments including public sector, foundation, philanthropic, and corporate grant funding.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with social impact investors, philanthropic, corporate, and public sectors to develop and maintain partnerships that can provide both equity and favorable debt to Homewise.
- Develop and implement a strategy to identify and procure new high-impact grant opportunities with large national foundations with financial stability, affordable housing, community development, or creative place-making focus.
- Lead the process for complex public funding grant applications that require internal cross-departmental or external cross-agency collaboration and coordination.
- Supervise the Grant Writer to ensure the grant proposal development/submission process is effective, resulting in successfully funded grant proposals that meet our budgeted grant raising goals.
- Lead the effort to expand the reach of Homewise Community Investment Fund by developing relationships with Investment and Wealth Advisors with a Social Impact Investing lens.
- Develop and grow relationships with institutional social impact investors, including foundations, corporations, and impact investing collaboratives, that provide favorable investments to Homewise.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate investor records and manage the annual prospectus update process for the Homewise Community Investment Fund.
Please only apply if you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of capital raising in the areas of financial stability, affordable housing, community development, and/or economic development.
- Demonstrated understanding of the social impact investing field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership and team management experience.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or visit our website at www.Homewise.org.