The Homewise mission is to create successful homeowners and strengthen neighborhoods so that individuals and families can improve their long-term financial wellbeing and quality of life. We empower and support clients with financial education and coaching, real estate services, affordable mortgage lending, and down payment assistance, loan servicing, refinance and home improvement lending. We also strengthen neighborhoods by increasing homeownership through real estate development, property rehabilitation, and revitalizing communities. If you are looking for a dynamic, high-energy work environment that is focused on creating positive change, consider a career with Homewise. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, retirement, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and growth opportunities.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Mortgage Loan Officer to join our team. The mission of the Mortgage Loan Officer is to use independent judgment, provide counseling and direction to help mortgage loan applicants find the right mortgage for them with payments they can afford. The ideal candidate is a driven customer service-oriented adaptable self-starter with the ability to communicate clearly and is currently licensed or can become licensed in all jurisdictions in which they will originate loans.
Mortgage Loan Officer Job Duties Include:
- Upon referral, initiates a relationship with the customer within 24 hours and coordinates gathering, ordering, and copying of all current pertinent information, including income verification, asset verification, credit profile, and other necessary supporting documentation constituting a complete loan application, which may include: Title Binders, Appraisals, and Verifications of Employment.
- Loan Officer completes the application, consumer loan disclosures, and customer checklist and transfers client information to the Processor within 5 days of borrower assignment to Loan Officer.
- Reviews all information provided by the customer; evaluates the applicant’s financial situation to determine if a customer qualifies for a loan. Works with Processor to review supporting documentation to ensure Borrower eligibility.
- Recommends appropriate loan structures, seeking to access the lowest cost funding sources for which the borrower qualifies while maximizing the effectiveness of Homewise resources.
- Exercises judgment in recommending approval or denial of loan requests and deciding the best loan programs for customers.
- Informs all applicants of their credit decision, rates, and terms, and, where applicable, informs them of affordability based on credit analyses and/or having all credit problems resolved.
- Informs all customers, Realtors, Home Selection Counselors, Real Estate Development department staff, and other relevant parties promptly of any change of status regarding a customer’s qualification or application.
- Counsels with customers who have minor credit problems.
- Locks loans with investors according to Homewise policies for pricing and rate of return, requests extensions if necessary, and executes pair off in case of denial of locked loans
- Attends closings on a regular basis to provide support to borrower(s).
- Uses Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter, E-3 loan operating system, DocVelocity, HATS, and Microsoft Office to maintain a variety of reports. Maintains organized files that can be easily researched by others.
- Participates in setting team goals and objectives on an annual basis.
- Occasionally travels to complete training or to perform other functions representing the lending department.
- Works closely with other internal departments including but not limited to Home Purchase Advisors, Real Estate Sales, Real Estate Development, and Lending to ensure best practices in service provided to customers.
- Complies with all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
Please only apply if you:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in mortgage lending or a related field is required.
- State of New Mexico Mortgage Loan Originator license preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and/or weekends on occasion.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.Homewise.org