Filmshop is a media arts non-profit that supports a community of over 250 independent filmmakers in New York City, New Orleans, and Los Angeles. We are dedicated to developing new work through peer support and collaboration. Our members come from all facets of the film industry, and we have screened original work on major networks such as AMC, IFC, and PBS and at top-tier film festivals including the Berlinale, Sundance, Tribeca, and SXSW.
While we champion diversity of experience and expression, we are a group of individuals defined by a set of shared values and ideals. We share a sense of responsibility to the community and a commitment to the success of our fellow members. And we believe that we each create our best work when we have the support and informed feedback of that community of fellow filmmakers.
The Director of Marketing and Public Relations serves as a chief steward of our public-facing outreach. This is a role that calls for initiative, meticulousness, and impeccable writing skills. You will work hand-in-hand with our Director of Digital Communications to formulate and implement communications initiatives to support our community. Candidates of color are especially encouraged to apply.
- Coordinate press, newsletter, and message board outreach for new member recruitment, event promotion, and general coverage of Filmshop.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all external newsletter mailers, including our biweekly mailer and special event mailers.
- Write marketing copy and press releases and work with graphic designer to develop and sign off on marketing collateral such as posters, website graphics, slideshows, etc.
- Commission and edit member articles for our Filmshop Voices blog.
- Forge and maintain relationships with regional and national press and partner organizations for promotion and marketing of Filmshop and our community.
- You have professional marketing experience for artists, non-profits, and/or other organizations.
- You are a strong writer with exceptional copywriting skills.
- You are extremely detail-oriented.
- You take initiative and enjoy collaboration.
- You understand Filmshop—its mission, its values, its culture—and are committed to nurturing our community.
Part-time (5-10 hours/week on average), stipend: $750/quarter
LOCATION - Remote workers welcome; New York City, New Orleans, and/or Los Angeles ties beneficial START DATE - Oct. 2020
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com. Scheduling conversations starting the week of September 14.