The mission of the Hoffberger Family Philanthropies is to respond with available resources to unmet needs in the greater Baltimore community with a significant commitment to the Jewish community.
The Program Associate will support the programmatic goals and operational requirements of the Hoffberger Foundation, focused primarily on workforce development and children’s mental health in Greater Baltimore. The Program Associate has three primary areas of support: grantmaking, communications, and administrative support. The individual who fills this role should be committed to the foundation’s social justice mission, a strong team player, detail-oriented, flexible, and willing to take on new projects and responsibilities as needed. Strong writing and social media skills are required. This is a part-time role (60% or 80% FTE).
General Foundation Administration:
- Work cooperatively with the Foundation staff, Board, and Hoffberger family members to carry out the mission of the Foundation and assist in successful grant making.
- Respond to organizational needs as they occur and share in administrative tasks and record keeping.
- Provide administrative support to other staff and Board members including, data entry, mailings, newsletters, meeting coordination, and other assistance as necessary.
- Arrange and manage logistics of administrative meetings, including preparing materials, scheduling meeting rooms, organizing background materials, arranging catering, and taking minutes or notes.
- Contribute to the development of formal reports to committees and the Board as assigned.
- Ability to work well with staff, board members, and the general public.
- Reports to Executive Director.
Grants and Program Administration:
- Serve as a point-of-contact for grantees, providing timely and accurate answers to all inquiries.
- Communicate with and provide information to organizations applying for grants by phone, mail and e-mail.
- Arrange and manage logistics of grant meetings, including preparing materials, scheduling meeting rooms, organizing background materials, making arrangements for catering, and taking notes.
- Maintain digital and hard copy grant files as appropriate.
- Assist with managing accurate timing of grant check issuance, distribution, and payment tracking.
- Compile statistics and information for use by other staff and Board members.
- Manage Foundation grantmaking database, including annual revision of grant application forms.
- Report to Executive Director regarding grantee and program area assessments. Participate in assessment as assigned.
- Assist in program area research as assigned.
- Assist Executive Director with strategic and initiative planning as assigned.
- Identify technology needs related to grantmaking as they arise.
- Represent Foundation in connection with grantmaking, nonprofit and general communities, as well as The Associated.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years related work experience.
- Proficient in office software
- Familiarity with website/newsletter content editing.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Interest in or knowledge of nonprofit/social justice preferred.
- Experience with diverse communities of people preferred.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.