Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law, language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Falls Church, VA.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB?
Because, just like everyone at Ayuda, you believe:
- In seeing communities where all immigrants succeed and thrive in the United States.
- In the overall success of our organization and all our programs.
- That families should be healthy and safe from harm.
- That all people should have access to professional, honest, and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in this country.
- That diversity and equality make this country better.
WHAT WILL THIS JOB ENTAIL?
With Executive Director and Director of Operations, develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
Diversity & Inclusion
- With Executive Director and Director of Operations, design company policies that support diversity in the workplace
- Oversee Affirmative Action Plan activities
- Revise and update HR-related communication to ensure non-discriminatory language
- Elevate employee voices and support employee groups
- Oversee the hiring process, including training and coaching hiring managers, managing the Applicant Tracking system, and managing postings on appropriate sites
- Batch and screen candidates
- Manage internal and external offer process
- Provide regular Hiring Team trainings for Ayuda employees
- With Director of Operations, oversee performance management cycle
- Ensure managers/supervisors have the training they need to manage performance
- Support new managers/supervisors on proactive performance management as well as issues
- Guide disciplinary process
Hear employee complaints and concerns, mediate where appropriate and elevate to Executive Director, and if necessary pro-bono counsel, to address
Receive ADA Accommodation Requests and work with employee and Director to resolve
With Director of Operations, review the training needs of the organization and facilitate HR trainings
HR Compliance - Ensure legal compliance throughout human resources management
- Stay up to date on federal, state, and district labor law requirements and implement updates
- EEO and AAP reporting
- Labor law postings
- Maintain HR files
- Respond to employment verification requests
- Conduct salary research and present to Executive Director
- In partnership with the senior management team, put together salary scale change recommendations for Board of Directors
- Maintain Ayuda’s position descriptions
- Review selection criteria to ensure they are objective and strictly job-related
- When there are changes to the position description, ensure they are appropriate and that the position descriptions are updated and maintained
- Manage HR onboarding and offboarding processes
- Guide hiring manager/supervisor through these processes
Coordinate and manager Employee Benefits with support from HR & Ops Associate
Lead employee engagement activities and events
Other admin duties
- Maintain Org Chart
- Maintain internal org chart
- Other duties as needed
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THIS JOB?
- Strong sense of both discretion and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding and awareness of diversity and inclusion issues and best practice
- Dedication to the continual improvement of diversity and inclusion policies
- Ability to communicate well with people of various backgrounds, personalities and styles
- Ability to communicate well about both big-picture and minutiae
- Ability to work with HR management software
- Highly organized
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task or juggle competing priorities
- At least 3 years of experience in Human Resources
- Degree or certificate in Human Resources, management, business administration or a related field, or at least 5 years total experience in the field
- Nonprofit experience preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary is commensurate with experience and comes with a robust benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance as well as an employer-provided retirement match. All federal holidays are observed, and Ayuda offers paid leave for the week of Christmas through New Year’s Day. This position is exempt for overtime purposes.
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/366561/Ayuda/HR-Manager with resume and cover letter. Writing samples may be requested.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration. No phone calls, please.
Ayuda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of underrepresented communities.