Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law, language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Falls Church, VA.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB?
Because, just like everyone at Ayuda, you believe:
- In seeing communities where all immigrants succeed and thrive in the United States.
- In the overall success of our organization and all our programs.
- That families should be healthy and safe from harm.
- That all people should have access to professional, honest, and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in this country.
- That diversity and equality make this country better.
WHAT WILL THIS JOB ENTAIL?
- Write competitive letters of inquiry and grant proposals to local and national foundations and government entities
- Write grant reports and other communications to supporters
- Collaborate closely with program staff and members of the Grants Team
- Build and maintain a strong understanding of Ayuda’s programs, services, and strategic plan
- Build knowledge about Ayuda’s grant supporters and see these supporters as key partners
- Contribute to Ayuda’s strategy to grow foundation and government grant funding
- Represent Ayuda at meetings with supporters and potential supporters
- Willingness to travel to Ayuda offices and be based in the Washington, DC office (The Grants Team is working remotely through at least December 2020)
Other duties as assigned
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THIS JOB?
- Excellent writing skills, with a strong emphasis on the ability to produce compelling writing
- Excellent editing skills
- Ability to prioritize projects with various deadlines and requirements
- At least two years of grant writing experience
- Comfortable in both the lead role and support role on various projects
- Willingness and flexibility to try new strategies
- Enthusiasm for building and growing Ayuda’s grant portfolio
- Experience with writing applications for current programs and future programs/projects, preferred
- Experience with writing applications to both government and foundation supporters, preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary is commensurate with experience and comes with a robust benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance as well as an employer-provided retirement match. All federal holidays are observed, and Ayuda offers paid leave for the week of Christmas through New Year’s Day. This position is exempt for overtime purposes.
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/366578/Ayuda/Grant-Writer with resume and cover letter. Writing samples may be requested.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration. No phone calls, please.
Ayuda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of underrepresented communities.