About the Organization
Canal Alliance exists to break the generational cycle of poverty for Latino immigrants and their families by lifting barriers to their success. We are a nonprofit champion of immigrants who are challenged by a lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment.
The Senior Manager of Leadership Giving is an entrepreneurial, creative, and results-oriented professional who is inspired by the opportunity to build a community of leadership donors and investors. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Manager of Leadership Giving will help to develop and launch a robust Leadership Giving Program, and is responsible for conducting research, outreach, engagement, cultivation and stewardship activities for a portfolio of 100 individual donors in the $5,000 - $25,000 range.
This position also supports staff and volunteer leadership to engage in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities to secure leadership gifts; writes personalized appeal letters and donor marketing materials; ensures timely and accurate gift acknowledgment and recognition, and analyzes and reports on fundraising goals and accomplishments.
Director of Development
Strategic Development Planning – 15%
- Work with the Development Director and other members of the Development team to develop and implement a program to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts to our Leadership Giving Circle (Donors of $1,000+).
- Plan and implement an annual calendar of campaigns, appeals, events and meetings to ensure that annual fundraising goals at the Leadership Giving level are met.
- Qualify existing donors and identify prospects with growth potential to develop and execute an active cultivation plan.
Portfolio Management and Solicitation – 35%
- Manage a portfolio of 100 donors and prospects with the capacity and inclination to make gifts at the $5,000 to $25,000 level.
- Make at least 6-8 donor visits/calls per month to advance relationships through moves management strategies.
- Directly solicit donors for new gifts, renewals, and upgrades via face-to-face visits, phone calls, video conferencing, and customized correspondence.
Donor Stewardship, Cultivation and Support- 40%
- Coordinate and implement effective stewardship of individual donors and prospective donors through face-to-face meetings and donor events, special mailings and emails to donors, and writing personalized thank-you letters.
- Prepare informational and marketing materials for Leadership Giving events and campaigns, including digital and written communications.
- Support the CEO and Development Director in their fundraising efforts by conducting donor research, preparing donor profiles, and supporting donor follow up activities.
- Provide support to board members and volunteers involved in solicitation of major gifts from individual and corporate donorsthrough portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications.
- Work with members of the Development team to ensure that donor inquiries and requests are responded to in a timely manner through telephone, written correspondence, and personal contact.
- Ensure that leadership gifts are properly recorded and acknowledged and recognized in an accurate and timely manner.
- Track and monitor major donor moves management and research activities in Salesforce, and maintain easily accessible donor files and information.
- Utilize wealth screening tools (such as Wealth Engine) and publicly available information to conduct prospect research and qualification.
- Guide and oversee volunteers with the Development department to provide administrative support to individual giving and research efforts.
Fundraising Analysis and Reporting – 10%
- Provide regular reports on activities and fundraising accomplishments to the Development Director.
- Monitor and report on progress and results toward fundraising and donor engagement goals.
- Provide accurate and timely activity and pipeline reports and revenue forecasts.
- Support the Development Director to analyze data in order to effectively report on fundraising results and implement adjustments to maximize methods and strategies.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of three years of successful fundraising experience in a related position in a non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of Latino, immigrant, or low-income communities.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of fundraising.
Qualifications- Skills and Knowledge
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to engage high net worth individuals and groups.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, with the ability to think strategically, creatively problem solve, and exercise good judgment.
- Data literacy skills, with competence in finding, manipulating, managing, and interpreting data.
- Good writing and editing skills.
- Proven ability to work within dynamic teams and build strong working relationships with colleagues, and the ability to interact and work effectively with directors, board members, front-line staff, donors, community leaders, public officials, funding agencies, businesses, and clients.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks, and manage demanding situations effectively, while showing initiative and being anticipatory rather than reactive.
- Effective time management and work organization skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent computer and technology skills, including facility with internet navigation, social media channels, databases, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in data analysis, especially using Salesforce/NPSP or similar.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. We offer a competitive salary with a benefits package that includes 3 weeks paid vacation a year, 12 days of sick leave a year and 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance as well as long term disability and an employee assistance program. In addition, there are 15 paid holidays annually, a 403(b)-retirement plan and a Flex cafeteria plan.
How to Apply
Canal Alliance Equity and Inclusion Statement
Canal Alliance actively promotes and recognizes principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, ancestry and all other identities represented among our diverse employees.
By appreciating the importance of inclusion, we acknowledge that the collective and individual talents, skills, and perspectives of our staff foster a culture of belonging, safety, collaborative practice, innovation, and mutual respect. Canal Alliance is committed to the transformation of attitudes and systems that deprive any person or group of these principals.
Please email your resume and cover letter to HR@canalalliance.org. Only electronic applications will be accepted. (Keep it green!) Please indicate “Sr. Mgr. Leadership Giving – YOUR NAME” in the subject line of your email.