The Foundation for Art & Healing (FAH) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to explore and promote the use of creative arts expression to improve health and wellbeing at the individual and community level.
Our signature initiative, The UnLonely Project, has three goals: 1) to raise awareness of loneliness and isolation and its important mental health effects, 2) to reduce stigma for individuals around self-identifying as lonely, and 3) to activate programs both directly and with partners, that provide immediate support as well as direct them to relevant resources. Our Black Health and the Arts initiative strives to support social justice and health equity in Black communities.
For more information on FAH and The UnLonely Project and the Black Health and the Arts initiative, please visit https://artandhealing.org.
The Foundation for Art & Healing (FAH) is experiencing rapid growth with the launch of new programs to support its two core initiatives, The UnLonely Project and Black Health and the Arts. We are pleased to announce an immediate opening for a part-time development consultant specializing in grants and sponsorship, with 10-15 years of experience and a proven track record of success.
The consultant will play an important role researching, identifying, and securing funding of the foundation’s programs through grants and sponsorships. The development consultant will create an efficient and effective work-flow with the Foundation’s President and the Finance and Program Departments. Successful candidates will have a strong record of securing new grant funds from foundations, corporations and government agencies, as well as in renewing grant support.
The development consultant will report to the President and will be part of a small but dynamic team spearheaded by the Foundation’s President.
In addition to superlative writing skills, we are looking for a candidate with strong project management, relationship building, communication, and organizational skills and will be comfortable working directly with prospects and client organizations and serving as a representative of the foundation.
The position is New York City-based, with in-person meetings in New York City, but also offers the flexibility to work remotely via Zoom calls.
An interest in creative arts, community health, and wellness and wellbeing initiatives that can be taken to scale will greatly impact success in this role.
- Meet or exceed FAH revenue generating goals;
- Assist in developing a strategic framework to guide development efforts;
- Research and identify prospective funders;
- Manage the tracking of sponsorship and grants requirements and deadlines;
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process;
- Ensure and coordinate that relevant staff are informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables,
- Assist in the preparation of financial or budget plans in collaboration with FAH’s Finance department; and
- Provide detailed reports to FAH President and the board of directors with respect to the organization's potential prospects and ongoing development efforts.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience securing new sponsorships, foundation and government funding for health related missions.
- Demonstrated track record of success in major foundation grants and corporate sponsorship procurement.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree or higher educational achievement preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Possess strong “virtual environment” organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite and G-Suite, and ease with online environments and online communication.
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities.
- Experience in developing and monitoring budgets and cross-checking financial reporting.
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under under pressure
Compensation commensurate with experience. Part-time position could over time grow into a full-time position with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and writing sample, preferably as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Senior Development Lead in the subject line and save your file with your full name.
In your cover letter, please Include the following:
1. Your favorite experience working as part of a professional team.
2. Why you are interested in the work of the Foundation for Art & Healing
3. Where you found out about the position
The Foundation for Art & Healing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.