ALPFA (Association of Latino Professionals for America) is a national nonprofit organization created in 1972. This organization focuses on providing professional development workshops and career resources to its members in order to empower and develop leaders for the nation.
ALPFA has some very aggressive goals for 2020 leading into the next year. With a membership base over 90,000 and growing, 45 professional chapters in cities across the country, over 150 student chapters at colleges & universities and a growing list of Fortune 500 companies and other small to mid-sized privately owned businesses looking to partner with us, the need for operational support is growing. The training, development and opportunity creation for our members and clients will be key to ALPFA’s long-term sustainability, and to the organization’s ability to positively impact the Latino community into the future.
The Operations Associate position supports the programs, student ops and initiatives, chapter operations and membership operational divisions with logistical, administrative and communication support, particularly in the execution and delivery of services. The Associate provides task and project management such as coordinating meeting logistics, virtual event support, and communications. Responsible for handling administrative details to ensure timely delivery and execution of operational duties that serve as the backbone of the organization.
Chief Operating Officer
Roles and Responsibilities for the Operations Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and execute logistical and administrative support for operational goals, projects, events (virtual, on-site or blended) and activities including the Annual Convention, Regional Student Symposiums, Most Powerful Latinas Summit and Annual Chapter leadership Summit.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to ensure seamless coordination and execution of national events listed above.
- Research possible guest speakers and collect bios, headshots and contact information once speakers are secured.
- Schedule all team planning meetings, calls and discussions and draft all necessary materials to be reviewed prior to and/or referenced during meetings.
- Support the different operational divisions in developing strategic design of future initiatives – this support includes researching and gathering data to support a recommendation or proposal, scheduling meetings, preparing materials for review including agendas, presentations and reports.
- Collaborate with Marketing lead and Chapter marketing liaisons for video creation, marketing, branding, social and digital media tied to our ALPFA national marketing initiatives to help drive our ALPFA initiatives.
- Collaborate with Digital team to maintain website landing pages ties to national and regional programs and events as well as the Annual Scholarship program.
- Coordinate collection of nominations for annual individual and chapter awards, scholarship applications and annual Most Powerful Latinas list.
- Other duties as assigned by the COO or his designee.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Project Management: Experience managing small, medium and large-scale projects to ensure objectives are met and stakeholders' expectations are exceeded
- Event Planning: Experience working on in-person and virtual events of various sizes including familiarity with researching venues and virtual event platforms, event formats (meal events, workshops, panels, networking receptions, etc.), food & beverage selection, speaker selection and registration management
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Ability to work in a start-up type of environment
- Accountability: Ability to work remotely, meeting deadlines and accomplishing tasks with limited in-person contact or direct supervision
- Detail-oriented: Ability to identify and process the individual elements of a task, project or challenge in order to develop an appropriate action item, conclusion or solution
- Multi-Tasker: Ability to handle tasks on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines simultaneously
- Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach a common goal or objective
- Communications: Skilled in creating written and oral communications for various audiences. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to multiple audiences
- Relationship Building: Ability to build and maintain productive long-term relationships with key stakeholders
- Other: Familiarity or involvement with ALPFA or another membership-based professional association is a plus. Non-profit experience also a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience. ALPFA, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your current resume or CV along with a cover letter including salary requirements to Ann L. Marquez, Chief of Staff (E: firstname.lastname@example.org). Only candidates meeting qualifications for role will be contacted. No phone calls, please.