For over 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and high risk young adults in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services. Our mission is to transform the lives of young adults through safe, supportive and encouraging relationships, counseling, housing, and skill-building, to guide them towards self-sufficiency and achieving their goals.
If you are looking for a career in a fast-paced setting that is committed to collaborating with all youth who come through the door and finding creative solutions to difficult problems, we invite you to apply for one of our open positions.
Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Services, The Clinical Supervisor is the primary organizer, monitor, and overseer of the therapeutic functions and services provided by the therapists and frontline staff within their programs. May carry a reduced caseload of clients and provides clinical support, supervision, and monitoring for the therapists assigned to their program. The Clinical Supervisor is also responsible for training of therapist and frontline staff and maintaining professional relationships with collateral agencies.
Hours: Full Time
Job Site: West Street
Reports To: Director of Clinical Services
Exemption Status: Exempt
- Review caseloads quarterly of Behavioral Health Therapist and Residential Counselors to ensure compliance with funding sources and to sign off on treatment plans being implemented.
- Providing weekly supervision to staff individually and in a group setting as needed
- Ability to provide clinical consultation to agency staff
- Periodically observing clinical sessions of supervisees
- Provides oversight, supervision and quality assurance of all behavioral health and substance use clinical services including record keeping and direct services.
- Ensures that clinical services are in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Ensures adherence to HIPAA and documentation requirements as identified by regulatory agencies.
- Reviews treatment plans, case notes, and written correspondence in order to verify that such documents meet appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Facilitates team case conference on a weekly basis to ensure coordinated treatment plans and service utilization in order to ensure the comprehensive care of young adults.
- Monitors submission of initial and renewal treatment plans for quality and timeliness
- Ensures that supervision documentation occurs and is submitted for filing.
- Hires, trains and provides performance management feedback to employees (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provide on-call coverage after hours and on weekend to respond to clinical issues encountered by direct service staff.
- Participate in weekly supervision and consultation meetings.
- Attend a minimum of six in-service trainings annually.
- Collect and report program data, including but not limited to, data required for Bridge ETO, HMIS, and funders’ required data.
- Serve as liaison/advocate between the program and the community including surrounding neighbors to build partnerships
- Ensure that all activities, services and programs through Bridge are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Bridge young adults
- This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at Bridge Over Troubled Waters. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our young adults and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description.
- Master's Degree and independent licensure required (LICSW, LMFT, LMHC or equivalent)
- A minimum of 5 years of master level clinical experience working with vulnerable young people and/or their families
- Prior experience working in a crisis setting (inpatient units, crisis stabilization, etc)
- Knowledge and experience of crisis intervention/de-escalation, child abuse/neglect, domestic violence, housing and homelessness, substance abuse, and behavioral health issues.
- Strong engagement and therapeutic relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of various treatment modalities (CBT, DBT, MI and Substance Use Treatments)
- Ability to train and supervise staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Weekly supervision with the Director of Clinical Services
How to Apply
Apply on the Bridge Over Troubled Waters Website: https://www.bridgeotw.org/careers