The Center – Pride Center San Antonio is seeking a Development Manager (DM) who will help imagine and drive the implementation of a strategic and ambitious fundraising plan. The DM is responsible for the organization’s income generation strategy and success, working closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Development Intern(s) to ensure that the strategy is in line with our priorities and plans for growth. They will ensure we raise funds through effective and diverse income generating streams including individual giving and major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, planned giving, and events. The candidate will be able to work across diverse teams and workstyles and help the organization design and administer systems that make our workflow more efficient.
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM with flexibility.
- Create and oversee execution of strategy to dramatically grow Pride Center San Antonio’s fundraising.
- Plan and execute donor events including Icon’s Brunch, and our Spring and Fall Festivals. Support community led events where The Center is a beneficiary.
- Conduct prospect research to identify grant makers whose funding priorities align with The Center’s programmatic and growth goals.
- Build a major gift portfolio that includes individuals, corporations, and foundations. Assist The Center’s team in securing corporate sponsorship for core fundraising events.
- Research, submit and report on foundation and other institutional sources, stewarding current funders while growing revenue from new sources.
- Oversee donor & funder cultivation events such as mixers, mailings, etc.
- Reimagine and expand a sustaining/recurring donor program.
- Build a robust membership program.
- Create a moves management plan that includes individualized donor cultivation, special events, and other relationship building and enhancing activities.
- Oversee the building of a strong and expanding base of low-dollar individual donors
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Intern to establish strong internal systems for coordinating and tracking development work.
- Help develop a culture of philanthropy within The Center and ensure all fundraisers have clear fundraising workplans and goals and oversee tracking and transparent reporting of progress towards goals.
- Collateral Development: oversee creation and maintenance of fundraising materials including one pager, trifolds, and corporate giving resources
- Provide support and regular supervision to development interns.
- Responsible for developing organizational income projections, accurately tracking progress towards those goals, and ensuring that the goals are met and that the organization operates with a positive net operating income and continues to grow.
- Work with the team to come up with online campaigns around key dates like Big Give, Giving Tuesday, and Give OUT Day
- Assist Executive Director to coordinate donor and Board activities including, but not limited to, donor receptions, Board cultivation events, and other targeted cultivation events.
- Work closely with the Board to inspire greater participation with development efforts, capitalizing on the resources, talents, and networks the Board offers.
- Provide writing support for prospect proposals, endowment reports, print publications, and internal communication as needed.
- Motivate and coach the team to ensure professional growth and attainment of team-wide and individual goals.
CANDIDATE SKILL PROFILE/REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following experience and characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to full equality, inclusion, dignity and respect of LGBTQ+ people
- A strategic thinker with a relentless focus on improving systems, coordinating efforts, using data to drive decision making, and an unwavering commitment to reaching goals.
- Sustained successful leadership achieving fundraising goals in a nonprofit organization. An exemplary reputation with stature and credibility.
- Proven ability for bringing together all stakeholders within an organization to work together toward a shared vision and goals.
- Extensive experience as a fundraiser with a proven track record of success in personally cultivating, soliciting, and securing major gifts.
- An ability to secure funding from diverse sources – including major donors, foundations, and corporations.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work successfully with diverse audience, i.e. staff, management, board members, volunteers, donors, and vendors
- Previous experience using donor databases like Every Action, NGP/VAN, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or similar platforms.
- Adaptive leadership style with the ability to problem-solve, navigate complex situations and relationships, and take advantage of strategic opportunities
- Previous experience with a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization.
A commitment to diversity, inclusivity, equity, and an anti-racist workplace. The ability to interact professionally with dedicated Board and staff members who have diverse backgrounds, professional skills, and perspectives.
Salary range begins at $38,000+. Final salary offered will be commensurate with experience. Paid time off with Holidays and monthly health insurance stipend.
The Center – Pride Center San Antonio values the leadership of Black, Indigenous, people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals, and strongly encourages people of all traditionally underrepresented identities to apply. No applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. The Center is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, The Center will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Robert Salcido, at email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter: All candidates are strongly encouraged to develop a cover letter that describes how their qualifications, experiences and past successes in executing successful development plans, and building major gifts and individual giving programs fully intersect with The Center’s goals for this position.
- Compensation history and compensation requirements
Emails with the subject line "Development Manager" and all three attachments must be received; incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the anticipated volume of applications only principal, qualified candidates will receive a response. We ask that no phone calls be placed to The Center directly.
To learn more about The Center, please visit our website: pridecentersa.org