Director of Clinical Services for Family Stability
At Adoptions Together we believe that family is a human right. Welcoming Every Child, Every Family, Every Step of the way, since 1990 this dynamic nonprofit's mission has been to build healthy, lifelong family connections for every child and to advocate for the continuous improvement of systems that promote the well-being of children.
Adoptions Together is a licensed child placement agency that maintains offices in Baltimore, MD, Calverton, MD, Washington, DC, and Alexandria, VA.
The agency is committed to building a trauma informed workplace with a collaborative and supportive work environment and a culture that values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this atmosphere allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and unique perspectives to the workplace.
Adoptions Together is seeking a Director of Clinical Services for Family Stability, who will provide exemplary administration and leadership to the agency's clinical programs and services. The ideal candidate will be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (or related field) with experience in trauma informed care and adoption competent therapy practices. In addition, the Director of Clinical Services for Family Stability will be clinically sophisticated, highly motivated, and flexible in meeting challenging work needs. The Director of Clinical Services for Family Stability will exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence, ethical conduct, integrity, and be mission focused.
Our ideal candidate is a team player who is creative and innovative, loves to learn, and is passionate about advancing the impact of a non-profit organization.
The Director of Clinical Services for Family Stability is a full-time position with excellent benefits. The position will be primarily remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the current health crisis improves, the position will be in-office with regular opportunities for telework.
To apply, a detailed cover letter outlining your qualifications for the position along with your resume is required. Interviews will be conducted virtually.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Implement clinical activities in conjunction with clinical and program staff, as well as community partners to offer an organized model for clinical operations across all disciplines and relevant agency programs.
- Plan and implement relevant clinical training to agency practitioners and clinical supervisors.
- Provide clinical supervision and evaluate performance of clinicians.
- Provide administrative supervision to ensure that clinical case records are maintained in accordance with regulatory standards and internal protocols.
- Maintain positive relationships with community stakeholders and attend community events to promote the services available through Adoptions Together.
- Maintain and report required data and narratives.
- Supervises contract management and adherence to ensure the timeliness and quality of all contract deliverables.
- Provide oversight and supervision of the agency's counseling and training programs.
- Contribute to clinical portions of grant funding and contract development initiatives.
- Participate in the clinical aspects of new program development in accordance with the principles, policies, and culture of the agency.
- Develop, implement, and review relevant clinical policies, procedures, and practice standards.
- Set, monitor, and ensure compliance with relevant licensing, funding, regulating and accrediting standards as related to clinical practice.
- Serve as member of agency Leadership Team.
Each employee is required to complete (and maintain as necessary) a physical exam to include a TB test, a criminal background check in identified jurisdictions, and Child Protective Services Registries check in identified jurisdictions, and orientation training.
Principals only, no recruiters. No phone calls please.
Adoptions Together is an equal opportunity employer and offers a pleasant, flexible work environment. To learn more, please visit https://www.adoptionstogether.org/about-us/careers/.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Master's Degree or PhD in social work or related field.
- Must be currently licensed and have the ability to obtain licensure in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia to provide independent clinical services and supervision to social workers and other professionals seeking clinical certification.
- Experience providing therapy for children, youth, parents, and families with histories of trauma, attachment disruptions, adoption, and involvement with the child welfare system.
- Five years of clinical supervisory experience in a therapeutic setting preferred.
- Certification in TF-CBT or the ability to obtain certification.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is desirable.
- Trained on a broad base of therapeutic modalities including evidence-based practices, with individuals, children, and families.
- Proven ability to accurately understand impact of attachment disruption, trauma, diagnose emotional and behavioral impairments, and to design, implement and improve treatment plans for clients.
- Proven ability to diffuse and manage client crises.
- Established ability to train other professionals in clinical theory and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with diverse populations of clients.
- Highly organized and experienced managing client information, case notes, and reporting using an Electronic Medical Record System.
- Proven ability to adhere to contract deliverables and reporting standards for public and private partners.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with community stakeholders and agency colleagues.
- Ability to think and work independently, prioritize and problem solve.
- Ability to provide reflective supervision.
- Ability to work one evening per week.
- Experience providing and supervising therapeutic services using telemental health.
How to Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.