Humboldt Area Foundation (HAF) serves the residents of Humboldt, Trinity, Del Norte, and Curry counties by promoting and encouraging generosity, leadership, and inclusion to strengthen our communities. Through the generosity of local donors, HAF has awarded more than $80 million in grants and scholarships since 1972. HAF, along with its affiliate Wild Rivers Community Foundation, focuses its grantmaking and program efforts on strengthening community capacity and transforming our communities’ ability to solve problems and address the root causes of those problems. Long-standing programs of the foundation include the Native Cultures Fund and the Northern California Association of Nonprofits, and current initiatives include Building Healthy Communities—a 10-year initiative focused on improving the health and wellbeing of Del Norte County and Tribal Lands—and the Equity Alliance of the North Coast—a collaborative effort to understand and improve racial and social equity through education, dialogue, and coaching opportunities.
This dynamic and multi-talented director will oversee the marketing, communications and brand identity efforts for Humboldt Area Foundation, Wild Rivers Community Foundation, and affiliates. The position requires close collaboration with the leadership team to unify, cross-promote and harmonize powerful, clear and inspiring strategies to express and amplify the Foundation’s efforts, impact and vision. The director will create and foster thought leadership on national, regional and local issues that impact our communities and drive opportunities for public engagement. Our ideal candidate will create and execute a marketing and communications strategy through multiple channels, including traditional media, graphic identity, social media, websites, presentations and publications, and storytelling. You will design persuasive and creative campaigns and materials that promote generosity and amplify giving.
Chief of Staff
This individual is responsible for leading and implementing the marketing, communications, and brand identity efforts of the Humboldt Area Foundation, Wild Rivers Community Foundation, and affiliates to further strategic goals. The focus of the position is to:
- Develop and oversee powerful, clear, and inspiring strategies to express and amplify the Foundation’s efforts, impact, and vision
- Execute the marketing and communications strategy through multiple means including traditional media, graphic identity, social media, presentations and publications, storytelling, etc.
- Create and foster thought leadership on national, regional and local issues that impact our region and the communities we serve
- Design persuasive and creative campaigns and materials that promote generosity and amplify giving among donors and partner funders
- Drive opportunities for public engagement, event and conference participation, and audience building locally and nationally
- Collaborate closely and enthusiastically with the entire leadership team to unify, cross-promote, and harmonize the Foundation’s programs, initiatives and affiliate identities.
A successful candidate is expected to have a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field. To be considered, candidates must have five years of progressively responsible work experience including planning, marketing, communications, public relations, and media, leading to the knowledge, skills, and abilities as described above. Finally, candidates must have experience supervising and mentoring staff and partners, as well as experience managing consultants, budgets, and contracts.
This is an exempt, full-time position based in Bayside, CA. Compensation is $64k-$80k, DOE, plus health and retirement benefits, paid vacation, holiday and sick time as well as other generous benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit www.hafoundation.org/jobs the complete job announcement, including all desired qualifications. Position is open until filled but priority consideration will be given to those who apply by 5pm on November 20th, 2020.