EAC Network seeks a Program Coordinator for the Long Island Dispute Resolution Center Program, located in Hauppauge, NY. The position is full time, Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM with excellent benefits medical/dental/401K and very generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordination and case management of LIDRC Small Claims Court Component; promoting LIDRC services; ensuring quality assurance with LIDRC programming including case management and its volunteers; assisting and developing mediator in-services/workshops, and assisting with program development.
- Perform pre-hearing responsibilities for Small Claims Court, including contacting volunteers, securing hearing location, and creating Court calendar.
- Maintain volunteer database and assist Program Director with overseeing apprentice mediators; maintain files and status reports on apprentices and trained mediators. (i.e. volunteer applications, apprenticeship agreement, evaluations, continuing education hours, hearing logs and records of terminated volunteers).
- Observe hearings at the Center and Courts, including monitoring of participants and hearing records to ensure quality mediation standards.
- Conduct LIDRC Case Load Manager reports ensuring quality assurance with case management.
- Conduct follow-up with clients on hearings that were held at the Center.
- Serve as backup to the Community/Lemon Law Case Coordinator including, performing data entry and ensuring proper disposition of case files; responding to telephone inquiries; processing statistical reports and vouchers for the program.
- Mediate as needed as per Program Director.
- Associates degree required (educational equivalent will be considered), Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience required. Must have knowledge of administrative procedures, the court system and conflict resolution practices.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills preferred.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
- Must possess valid NY State Drivers License & to have access to an automobile.
- General travel for outreach with some overnight travel for trainings and meetings
Salary will be commensurate with experience.