How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
Under the guidance of the Director of Development, the Donor Relations Manager utilizes donor data to advance the philanthropic efforts of the organization. The Donor Relations Manager oversees gift and pledge entry for all charitable contributions made to the YMCA of Austin. This leader maintains the accuracy, integrity, and tracking of all donor information, and supports executing effective stewardship efforts, and moves management plans.
What are the details?
- Ensures legal, ethical, and best practices are adhered to, in accordance with the Association for Fundraising Professionals guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with inter-department staff including development, finance, marketing, and membership.
- Continue to gain database knowledge and expertise through trainings and classes as available.
- Stay up to date with federal, state, and industry standards and requirements to maintain transparency and accountability to donors.
- Oversee all contributed revenue streams and utilize multiple databases and tools to ensure accurate gift entry and reporting.
- Oversees the donation lifecycle, including entry of gifts and pledges, to the receipt and invoicing of gift acknowledgments, and all ancillary activities such as matching gift actions, memorials and honorariums, gift certification forms, etc.
- Maintains data integrity by following established standards including but not limited to constituent coding business rules, gift coding business rules, acknowledgment processes, and other standard operating procedures.
- Ensure gifts are entered and acknowledged in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage the collections process, producing monthly and annual pledge reminders, coordinate with branch liaisons to facilitate the fulfillment of pledges.
- Responsible for weekly deposits of cash and checks, overseeing the accuracy of donation entry, and facilitating the secure transfer of funds to the bank.
- Maintain organized filing of pledge and gift back up both physically and electronically.
Stewardship, Events & Reporting
- Support stewardship and moves management efforts via Raiser’s Edge and provide weekly and monthly reporting for tasks due/follow-up.
- Execute creative and effective stewardship actions to facilitate donor engagement and propensity to continue support.
- Work with VP of Finance during the annual audit to provide relevant information as needed.
- Produce monthly financial reporting to the Finance department reflecting gift distribution.
- Create weekly and monthly giving and fundraising reports as established by the Director of Development.
- Attend all organization events where revenue will be collected. Oversee event registration and volunteers, coordinate outside revenue software platforms with Director of Development, assist with setting up and processing all revenue types generated by events.
- All other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional accuracy.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in data entry (fundraising or non-profit experience preferred).
- Working knowledge of fundraising software management programs (Raisers Edge experience preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Hourly rate between $16.00 to $20.00, and full benefits package including dental, vision, health insurance and employer matched retirement plan upon reaching eligibility.
How to Apply
Apply by using this link: https://austinymca.applytojob.com/apply/hEthfT8c9f/Donor-Relations-Manager?source=PND