Frameline seeks a dynamic, driven, and highly experienced Director of Philanthropy with exceptional writing skills who demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of fundraising including major gifts, membership, foundation and government grants, special events, and planned giving.
This is your chance to work for the Bay Area’s leading LGBTQ+ arts non-profit with a mission to “change the world through the power of queer film.” You would be joining a talented and dedicated staff and board who have a dynamic approach to achieving their goals. Reporting directly to and working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Philanthropy is responsible for planning, directing, and implementing Frameline’s comprehensive fundraising program, with the aim to increase contributed income from $1.4M to $2M over the next few years. The Director of Philanthropy will also be responsible for donor stewardship and all development operations, while collaborating with a Membership & Development Manager.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop and implement annual and long- term funding strategies to meet Frameline’s mission-based goals
- Manage development activities including grant writing, direct mail appeals, and cultivation and stewardship events
- Serve as an active member of the senior management team
- Cultivate and build the existing donor base through consistent strategic outreach an engagement
- Lead Frameline’s ongoing 2020 coronavirus resiliency fund, established to bridge the organization’s earned-income shortfall due to restrictions on 2020 events
- Through research and funding proposals, expand Frameline’s existing pool of supporting foundations. Renew and steward current funding institutions and to develop strategies for deepening their investment. Maintain reporting to these foundations, government agencies.
- Contribute to the management of Frameline’s membership program consisting of 1,600 individual donors and oversee Film Festival benefit fulfillment
- Expand Frameline’s planned giving program
- Be a primary contact for the Frameline Board. Staff the Development Committee of the Board, and work closely with the Emeritus Board. Assist the board with their annual fundraising Gala.
- Develop invitation lists and track responses for special screenings
- Collaborate with the Membership and Development Manager who is responsible for gift processing and acknowledgments, donor databases, and member relations
- Coordinate and manage the Film Festival experience for high level donors, including invitations to special events, seating, and other activities
- Supervise the Film Festival Seat Captain
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Proven experience cultivating and managing relationships with major donors, board members, and foundation program officers
- Track record of securing significant funds from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Excellent organizational, analytical, time management, and project management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Flexible, creative, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office suite. ConstantContact, and DonorPerfect technical competency required. Knowledge in similar programs is OK.
$84,000, full time
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resumé via email to: James Woolley
Subject: Development Director Search
Application Deadline: Friday November 27, 2020, 5pm PST