Academy of Medical & Public Health Services (AMPHS) is a Brooklyn-based, nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating barriers to accessing healthcare for immigrants and other underserved communities in NYC. Every year, we proudly serve and connect more than 10,000 New Yorkers to healthcare systems. For more information, please visit www.amphsonline.org or follow our work at www.facebook.com/AMPHS.NYC.
We are seeking a skilled Executive Assistant to join our growing team and perform a variety of administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter capable of providing top-notch support to AMPHS executives. S/he will also have excellent client-facing communication skills and be able to professionally interact with our employees, volunteers, and Board of Directors. The demonstrated ability to provide the highest quality of work, attention to detail, accuracy, creativity, and neatness is a must.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing executive calendars including meeting requests and appointments for high-level donors, board members, leadership, and other internal meetings.
- Completing expense reports in a timely manner; tracking payment processing; and assisting with basic bookkeeping and financial reporting.
- Drafting, editing and distributing correspondence including sending donor updates, thank-you emails, and donation receipts. Sends payroll memos and reminders to staff.
- Assisting with basic data entry and record-keeping for financial, office and IT task management, as well as grant reporting.
- Providing general recruitment and staffing support including, but not limited to, screening resumes, placing advertisements on job boards, and scheduling interviews.
- Attending relevant meetings and prepares minutes; tracks and follows up on pertinent action items.
- Other special projects as assigned
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years administrative experience working to support senior or executive level staff.
- Education: Minimum High School diploma; Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Competent technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and digital research. Typing approximately 60-80 WPM.
- Language: Bi-lingual language skills in Spanish and/or Chinese Mandarin highly preferred.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Annual Salary Range: $40,000 - $43,000, commensurate with experience.
- AMPHS offers a compensation package including health insurance stipends, professional development opportunities, and generous time-off policies. There are opportunities to learn from industry experts to help you advance in the field of public health, health and education policy, immigration and nonprofit administration.
- Time Commitment: This is a full-time position (35 hours/week); Saturday availability required.
- Location: For COVID-19 safety measures, AMPHS has engaged in a phased re-opening process. As of January 2021, AMPHS’ facilities are only open to AMPHS staff and volunteers on an as-needed basis until the organization and its staff deem it safe to fully re-open facilities for community member appointments. Staff members can opt to work remotely at any time.
How to Apply
Sounds like you? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling first-come, first-served basis until Saturday, January 30, 2021.