Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, widely recognized as one of New York’s premier human services providers, is a 127-year-old settlement house that provides an extensive array of effective and integrated services—social, educational, legal, health, housing, mental health, nutritional and fitness—which significantly improve the lives of nearly 16,000 people in need each year, ages 3 to 103, on the East Side of Manhattan. Our clients include older adults, homeless and formerly homeless adults, children and families, recent immigrants, disabled persons, adult learners and more. For more information on Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, please visit lenoxhill.org and check us out on Facebook or Instagram.
The Development and Communications Associate will be a critical part of the Development and Communications team and will collaborate with others in the Neighborhood House to support and enhance the overall development and communications efforts and strategies.
Reporting directly to the Director of Advancement.
- Draft engaging content for communications and fundraising materials such as monthly E-newsletters, periodic print newsletters, appeal mailings, electronic correspondence, invitations, flyers, brochures and more
- Create and manage social media content and calendar for various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Monitor and update organizational website
- Photograph and video Neighborhood House programs and events and produce creative content
- Initiate and maintain media relations
- Maintain fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge, by entering new donations, donors and prospects, drafting personalized acknowledgement letters, tracking donor interactions and generating reports to aid in identifying and executing successful fundraising strategies
- Identify and research prospective individual and institutional donors; draft grant proposals; help to cultivate and steward new and existing supporters
- Provide key administrative and logistical support and leadership for fundraising and community events
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter, exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, high tolerance for multitasking
- Experience with a variety of technological systems and skills, including, but not limited to, website maintenance, CRM/database (Raiser’s Edge a plus), graphic design, video editing, photography, Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint required)
- Strong social media knowledge and skills
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Passionate commitment to social justice and to our mission
The Development and Communications Associate will be based in our 331 East 70th Street historic headquarters once conditions permit. This will NOT be a permanent remote position. This is a wonderful opportunity for a dedicated and creative professional to join a dynamic nonprofit organization and team. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package available.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, list of references and a minimum of two additional relevant writing samples to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.