Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Donor Services Assistant contributes to the overall goals of the organization to provide timely and accurate information and outstanding customer service, as well as maintain strong donor relations. He/she is responsible for processing pledges and revenue (checks and credit card reviews) received from Regional Offices, National Office fundraisers, Project Interchange, and individual donors via mail (postal and web). He/she will prepare journal entries into the NetSuite accounting system.
The Donor Service Assistant does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Director of Finance
- Process pledges, checks, wires, and donations submitted via credit card and WEB on a daily basis.
- Maintain donor records in Raiser’s Edge by creating new accounts and updating existing ones.
- Enter donations into Raiser’s Edge and import information to NetSuite (general ledger).
- Contact National Development or the Regional Offices if additional information is needed to process donations.
- Provide back-up documentation of endowment and restricted funds gifts to Controller.
- Prepare and reconcile daily reports on recurring gifts and online donations.
- Work with the Communications Department to determine proper allocation of web-based and mail gifts.
- Work with the Payroll Administrator in processing employee donations to be deducted through payroll.
- Adjust gifts in Raiser’s Edge as needed and provide back-up documents to Finance Assistant for proper adjustments in NetSuite.
- Assist Senior Donor Services Assistant in collecting outstanding pledges by contacting the Regional Offices and National Development staff.
- Work with Development staff in communicating with donors through the Contribute.org (online customer service) by answering questions about tax receipt records and specific donor records.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum two years related experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Respect for adherence to confidentiality is required
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Comfort using computer applications to record revenue and ability to adapt to new software systems
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- A team player as well as able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Willingness to assist with assignments outside of immediate job responsibilities
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values
Computer skills required: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Raiser’s Edge, and experience with accounting software
To be discussed
How to Apply
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r7hdu700guigcl/