Provide administrative support to the Development Department at the Animal Medical Center. Reports to the Director of Development.
General Development Support
- Process Donor Acknowledgment Letters and tribute cards, and coordinate staff acknowledgments for honor donations.
- Answer main development phone line - accepting contributions over the phone and helping with other inquiries as needed.
- Track donor appointments daily and send out afternoon and morning email of which donors will be in for an appointment.
- Manage iContact for Department and assist in creating eblasts.
- Assist with donor prospect research
- Assist with the planning and execution of all Development Department special events, including list management, invitation mailings, RSVP follow-up, donor acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with activities of the Leadership Council, AMC’s young professionals group
- Assist with preparation of foundation proposals for mailing.
- Assist with creation and distribution of donor newsletters, annual reports, and event materials.
- Assist with the creation and development of new departmental resources.
- Assist Director of Development in preparing letters for Chairman of the Board and other correspondence.
- Personally thank donors who give $500-$999 who do not have a portfolio manager.
- Maintain Development office organization, which includes filing and managing and ordering all office supply needs.
- Edit all Development materials including, proposals, event programs and journals, invitations, direct mail and donor correspondence
- Assist with any department projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience working in a not-for-profit setting preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong writer and editor
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of projects
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail are essential
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases a plus
- Interest in fundraising, special events and love of animals are desirable.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Animal Medical Center