How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
Under the Direction of the Branch Associate Executive Director, the Youth and Family Director is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all youth & family programs. This position works on three fronts: 1) education on the development of a healthy lifestyle, 2) the engagement of participants in YMCA programs and activities, and 3) the promotion of values-based and evidence-based activities among the children and adults in the community.
You will be responsible for the initiation and implementation of current programs including gymnastics, dance, martial arts, early learning readiness, youth sports leagues, birthday parties, and summer day-camps and clinics. You will develop new programs that address community needs and create additional streams of revenue. You will oversee the recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of the necessary staff. You ensure that all YMCA standards are being met and/or exceeded as they relate to program and membership development. Significant emphasis should be given to planning programs that meet community needs and corporate objectives. You will work independently under general direction and are expected to determine how to accomplish tasks. This position reports to the Associate Executive Director and is based out of the Springs Family YMCA.
What are the details?
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly supervises part-time and non-exempt employees and volunteers.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities following the organization's policies and applicable laws. Recruits, trains, and develops non-exempt and part-time program staff and volunteers, including training all staff on emergency procedures.
- Plan, assign, and direct staff and volunteer work.
- Conducts performance appraisals, rewards, and discipline.
- Monitors and updates all required staff certifications
- Addresses program participants' concerns and identifies solutions.
- Promotes and incorporates the YMCA's five core values, 40 Developmental Assets, and character development model into all program activities.
- Guide, direct, and oversee current programs and the creation of new programs, including establishing operating standards and program objectives to guarantee the quality of existing programs, to ensure participant satisfaction, and to attract new members and program participants, including creating an on-going evaluation process.
- Assist with direct marketing and promotion of programs to ensure the achievement of established objectives.
- Develop and maintain a maintenance program and procedures for facilities and equipment.
- Maintain proper records for all program responsibilities including organizing and scheduling program registrations and program statistics.
- Develop programs with an appeal to a varied demographic, including but not limited to: gender, ages, socio-economic status, ethnicity, and race.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with other community organizations to develop a high degree of YMCA visibility.
- Develops and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives including performing within approved budgets, developing program budgets, meeting or exceeding income production objectives, controlling expenses, achieving or exceeding bottom-line results in all areas of financial accountability.
- Coordinate use of branch facilities for program activities and events, including working with maintenance and membership departments to ensure the smooth flow of programming.
- Assists in-branch fundraising activities and special events including personally participating and soliciting others for necessary YMCA financial development programs such as the Annual Campaign
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints promptly.
- Assists and participates with Impact Team members in monthly meetings
- Serve as an exempt staff member to the YMCA of Austin, performing those duties as assigned by Associate Executive Director, task forces, and President/CEO of the YMCA.
- Actively and enthusiastically support the Branch and Association goals and directions through effective completion of tasks and verbal display to peers, staff, members, and guests.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education & Experience: A Bachelor's degree in recreation management, physical education, human services, or a related field preferred. You have a year of experience in program operations and management in youth development programming.
- You collaborate: building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- You build effective teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- You build networks: effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- You drive engagement: creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best work to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- You're an exceptional communicator: You’re an expert at developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- You cultivate innovation: You are adept at creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- You have a sense of humor: You know how to work hard to accomplish team goals in a fun and relaxed environment.
- You are action-oriented and focus on results: You easily take on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency and a solutions-oriented mindset. You have a record of consistently achieving results
- You understand the moving parts: You are knowledgeable about current and future trends in the field. You make logical decisions and objectives based on business needs.
- You see the big picture. You see the possibilities beyond today. You inspire and motivate others to adopt the vision.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How to Apply
Apply directly by selecting this link https://austinymca.applytojob.com/apply/lxduZwlYuB/Youth-Family-Director-Springs-YMCA?source=PND.