The Communications Manager at Coptic Orphans works directly with the Director of Communications in maintaining a high level of excellence in coordination and management of all communications projects and production schedules. The Communications Manager helps realize the Coptic Orphans communications strategy, goals, and objectives. Working with the Communications Director to develop a strategic communication agenda
The Communications Manager executes internal and external communication campaigns to capture attention, inform, inspire and motivate donors, sponsors, employees, volunteers and all key stakeholders to support the work of Coptic Orphans. Under the direction of the Communications Director, the Communications Manager supervises other Communications Department team members. The Communications Manager reports to the Director of Communications and serves as a partner to Leadership, providing support, feedback, and guidance on key communication initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Partner with the Communications Director and colleagues in the Communications Department to provide communication support for strategic priorities, including the development and execution of communication plans, email and print campaigns, special events, and new projects.
- Work closely with the Communications Director to ensure tone and consistency of communications and content/materials. Help identify and implement best practices that guide and inform department operations and collaborations with other divisions.
- Help develop message sets aligned to the Coptic Orphans growth strategy and develop communication collateral, including social media posts, videos, presentations, talking points, emails, newsletters, blogs, and campaigns to achieve specific objectives in both digital and print channels.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues in other departments, including Programs, Donor Relations, and Sponsorship and serve as a resource and communication advisor.
- Gather and summarize feedback on communication effectiveness (from all stakeholders).
- Work with the Communications Director and senior team to adjust digital marketing strategy for maximum effectiveness and alignment with new outreach initiatives, particularly as the organization expands its reach and continually refines its donor relations strategy.
- Develop content and monitor digital communication platforms, including website, social media channels and email newsletters.
- Ensure the website reflects the most up-to-date, accurate and engaging content. Develop monthly analytics reports to assess the effectiveness of all digital communication channels and pull campaign-specific data as needed.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Communications Director to build and/or revise public relations strategy in the effort to increase the visibility of Coptic Orphans an its work across Egypt, with a focus on its flagship programs: Valuable Girl, Not Alone, Serve to Learn, etc.
- Partner with Communications Director to better implement a Strategic Agenda, Master Plans and Calendars that ensure perfect alignment relative to messages to donors and sponsors.
- Make ongoing recommendations for new and ongoing communications initiatives, vehicles, and new projects.
- Manage and Supervise Communications Department team members as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related discipline.
- Workplace supervisory skills, or significant related experience, e.g., as a volunteer leader.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Excellent time management skills.
- Expertise in using the latest digital and social media technology and channels to best leverage marketing programs as part of an overall communications strategy.
- Use intuition and tact in verbal and written communications with leadership.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Mac environment.
- Copywriting and copy editing.
- Strong working knowledge of Word Press, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Experience in other technical products, including Google Analytics, peer-to-peer fundraising platforms, and Salesforce or similar tools.
- Team-oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- Nonprofit/international development exposure and background.
- Working knowledge of video production and editing tools is a plus.
- Experience managing contractors is a plus.
Fiscal Responsibilities (budgeting responsibilities, approval privileges on purchase orders and check requests, reporting and auditing functions)
Extent of Public Contact (within and outside the organization)
- Contact with media relations, churches and community on behalf of the organization as needed
Working Conditions and Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work hours, etc.)
- Limited travel may be needed at times with little notice.