ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently looking for a Development Manager for our Brooklyn school. Working with Executive Director and Fundraising Committee, the Development Manager supports the annual and individual giving campaigns and fundraising strategy. The Development Manager is responsible for maintaining the donor database, cultivating relationships with current and prospective individual donors, planning and executing short and long-term fundraising strategies with the ultimate goal leading to growth of events and donor revenue. The position will also manage the grant applications and management.
MDY is committed to inclusive employment opportunities therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 403(b), and free school lunch.
ABOUT MAGEN DAVID YESHIVAH
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-educational Jewish day school for children in grades pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, anchored in Jewish law and committed to ensuring that each student receives an exceptional dual-curriculum education, rooted in Sephardic tradition, and emphasizing academic excellence, creativity and intellectual curiosity. Magen David’s graduates include numerous successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is rapidly increasing, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative educational initiatives.
Magen David’s mission is to broadly educate ethical, self-confident and compassionate Torah observant Jews, committed to life-long learning, community service and personal growth. We are dedicated to equipping our students with the ability to confidently interact with an ever-changing modern world through the prism of Torah values, and to cultivate within them a deep understanding of and love for the people, land and State of Israel.
To learn more about Magen David Yeshivah, visit www.MagenDavidYeshivah.org
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage fundraising activities on a day-to-day basis
- Assist with and provide guidance on the development of the strategic long-term fundraising plan.
- Manage the fundraising software to keep complete and accurate fundraising records at all times.
- Create and generate standard and ad hoc reports.
- Create and manage donor correspondence including acknowledgement letters.
- Cultivate excellent relationships with both private and corporate donors.
- Assist with event planning, scheduling and organizing for school-related fundraisers.
- Oversee existing grants and grow revenue through new grant opportunities.
- Partner with the Executive Director, playing a significant role in overall strategic planning and policy formation for MDY.
- Attend staff, Board, and other relevant meetings as necessary.
- Minimum of five years of development experience, particularly in individual giving and preferably in nonprofit and community-based organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate mission and strategy to represent MDY with confidence and a strong commitment to values.
- Detail oriented with creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and think strategically.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and tact.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong proficiency in software technology including Microsoft Office products and fundraising tools.
- Experience with fundraising within the Jewish community preferred.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com and indicate the role (“Development Manager”) in the subject line.