We have an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Director, Content Strategy and Donor Relations to join a dynamic, innovative and growing non-profit. Cancer Grand Challenges (CGC) is a new global cancer research initiative co-founded by Cancer Research UK (CRUK) and the US National Cancer Institute (NCI), that builds on the existing CRUK Grand Challenge. The CGC team is being established in the US and UK to drive forward the initiative, and this role will play a key part in the success of the philanthropy team and the US team's growth.
This role is responsible for developing donor proposals, identifying the most powerful scientific content to help communicate the impact of Cancer Grand Challenges and its global impact in the fight against cancer to inspire major giving, loyalty, and volunteer engagement from the philanthropic audience.
You'll be responsible for the following:
- Lead the development and delivery of comprehensive engagement and stewardship program to build a donor community and effectively monitor philanthropic impact.
- Develop and define CGC protocols for gift agreements, acknowledgements, receipting, pledge monitoring and reminders, recognition, and recording of donor commitments.
- Work closely with Philanthropy leadership, fundraisers, scientific and institutional leadership on donor communications, acknowledgements and gift agreements.
Mary Beth Pearlberg, Director of Global Philanthropy, Cancer Research Grand Challenges
This key role works in close collaboration with colleagues in the UK to build and lead the US Content Strategy and Donor Relations program to develop and deliver a world-class engagement and stewardship program that attracts, engages, recognizes, thanks and stewards donors as part of the Cancer Grand Challenges campaign goal and Cancer Research UK £250m campaign.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in a philanthropic environment, with:
- Significant experience in and an in-depth understanding of major gifts fundraising and stewardship, with a record of securing or stewarding gifts at the $500K+ level.
- Significant experience and expert knowledge in working with fundraising in developing comprehensive cultivation, engagement and stewardship activities, and monitoring impact.
- Experience in proposal writing with an ability to translate complex scientific material into lay language, and gift opportunities to inspire philanthropists.
- A track record of creating meaningful and highly personalised proposals and communications materials for solicitation and engagement of philanthropists.
$75,000 - $95,000
For more information on the role, the team and the kind of experience we're looking for, please take a look at the full recruitment pack (https://adobe.ly/3oJqtSH) and the Cancer Grand Challenges website (https://cancergrandchallenges.org/).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
How to Apply
Please attach a resume and cover letter when submitting an email application to Corinne Carroll email@example.com