Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low-income parents develop the literacy and language skills they need to succeed in today’s world. Our research-based curriculum also incorporates child development and parenting support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and social-emotional growth.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who believes in our mission and wants to develop skills and experience in non-profit fundraising and communication. The Associate Manager of Development & Communications will join our diverse, social justice-oriented team of more than 50 staff, interns, and volunteers.
Reporting to the Special Projects Manager and working closely with the Development & Communications Team and Chief Program Officer, this position will manage the operations and administration of activities that expand our base of financial support and grow our network of influential friends and allies.
- Manage Raiser’s Edge NXT database and reconciliation
- Process donor transactions and serve as first point of contact with funders
- Manage digital platforms (social media, e-blasts, website)
- Assist with fundraising events
- Manage grants portfolios
- Coordinate administrative tasks, including list management, and mailings
- Mentor and supervise volunteers and interns
- Minimum two years working in related field
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge
- Proficiency in social media creation and execution
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Great sense of humor
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong team player, with an ability to engage with diverse staff to gather and consolidate necessary information in a timely manner
- Excellent project manager with a proven track record of success
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and committed to producing high-quality work and materials
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to excel in fast-paced work environments
- An understanding of plain language writing
- A deep familiarity with communications best practices
- Proficiency working with Constant Contact and WordPress
Salary: Full-Time $45,000-$49,000 DOE
- 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 11 holidays (and up to 7 additional paid days off)
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental plan
- Employer-matched contributions to retirement plan
How to Apply
Send resume with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Associate Manager of Development & Communications” with your name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date as soon as possible.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.