The Director, Organizational Impact and Analysis Center is responsible for measuring and evaluating organizational data of our programs and services to ensure that goals are being met and exceeded. The director is responsible for developing systems and metrics to accomplish this work, ensuring that metrics are embedded into decision making around evaluating effectiveness of existing and new programs and returns on investments. The director is responsible for organizational training and leading a team to carry out the goals of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, coordinate, and execute an overall strategy for the collection and analysis of impact data, both quantitative and qualitative, from different parts of the organization and from different data sources.
- Craft measurement frameworks that can be used for impact evaluations of our programs, services and activities.
- Work with divisions and units throughout the organization to help define and embed creative methods and tools for impact measurement into programs and activities.
- Analyze, synthesize, and produce key insights and reporting that can inform multiple audiences across the organization—from key leadership (i.e. Leadership Team, Board Members) and staff to our wide network of supporters
- Influence key leadership and staff understanding of the importance of evidence-based decision making and of integrating measurement and evaluation into their activities.
- Develop dashboard(s) and data visualizations for key users to better explore, analyze, and visualize their data to help understand, communicate, and improve outcomes.
- Help organization integrate goal setting and related data analysis into the annual planning process.
- Develop and deliver supporting staff trainings on how to collect and use data including use of dashboards and data visualizations to improve outcomes. In addition, develop training materials that staff can use on a regular basis to train new staff or use as reference materials when needed. Ensure these trainings and materials are accessible to a wide audience on relevant platforms.
- Help to identify, document, and address data quality issues and communicate key data quality issues to key stakeholders in timely, accessible manner (including cleaning and screening large data sets).
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Communications or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of full-time work experience in research, measurement, and evaluation, preferably with a not-for-profit organization.
- Experience in survey methodology and monitoring impact and outcomes in a not-for-profit mission context.
- Experience supervising and managing teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess strong analytical, evaluation design, and methodological skills
- Ability to facilitate the process of turning impact data into meaningful information for the organization in an accessible format
- Demonstrated ability in manipulating data using databases. Knowledge of donor management software (Clearview of similar) preferred.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to translate complex ideas and make them accessible to lay leaders
- Ability to build trust and foster collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Self-directed, active problem solver
How to Apply
Apply for Director, Organizational Impact and Analysis using the link below: