ROC Mission: Responsive to our Community (ROC) conducts on-the-job training for unemployed at-risk veterans (e.g., prior substance abuse issues, large gaps in employment history) who turn vacant and dilapidated buildings into renovated apartments for homeless domestic violence survivors and their children. Providing these families refurbished apartments gives our veterans a new sense of mission.
The Development Manager will be joining a small and collaborative team at ROC. The position, which is located in Central New York, will lead ROC’s efforts to grow and diversify its funding from institutional (foundation, corporate, government) and individual donors. This individual will work closely with ROC’s Executive Director to carry out ROC’s overall fundraising approach, including outreach to prospective funders, prospect research, development of grant proposals and reports, and stewarding existing funders. This is a part-time position.
- Research/identify new prospects to grow revenue
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, develops strategies to cultivate and build relationships with new funders
- Under the direction of Executive Director, prepares and submits project proposals and progress reports to institutional and individual funders
- Assists and supports in execution and planning of organization's special events. Includes donor communications, record keeping, and logistics
- Ensure proper/timely stewardship of donors; acknowledgements, thank you notes, recognition, relevant programmatic engagement and other proposal deliverables.
- Collaborates to develop and update necessary tools for successful fundraising, i.e., updating/maintaining donor information, brochures, spreadsheets, website, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in fundraising or sales
- Experience in foundation or government grants a plus.
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internal and with external partners and funders)
- Strong organizational skills with an eye for detail and an ability to manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across the organization
- Positive attitude with customer service orientation and willingness to be flexible to adapt to changing needs and "roll up shirtsleeves" to get the work done
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
This is a part-time position (15-30 hours per week).
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
How to Apply
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com.