Cities United supports a national network of mayors committed to creating safe, healthy and hopeful communities by reducing the epidemic of homicides and shootings among young Black men and boys ages 14-24 by 50% by 2025. We are committed to working alongside mayors and representatives from their communities to develop comprehensive and equitable strategies; implement healing centered solutions using a public health approach; promote cultural specific evaluation methodology and; plan for long-term sustainability.Since 2011, Cities United has provided training and technical assistance to an increasing network of cities and continues to serve as a valuable resource. We offer a number of programs, services and guides to our partner cities in-kind or at a reduced rate with an ultimate goal of increasing the number of cities implementing comprehensive public safety plans rooted in social justice, equity, youth voice, collaboration and innovation. Cities United is a project of Tides Center.
The System Administrator is responsible for planning, developing, installation, configuration and maintenance of organizational hardware and software and any related infrastructure. This includes the creation of all plans for ensuring functionality, data consistency, security and usability of systems aligned with the organization’s priorities and enabling team members to do their work effectively. The Systems Administrator will also monitor and maintain Cities United’s systems including servers, networking, applications, and databases; assist with the development and deployment of applications and services, technology device management, and technical problem solving; services and applications to ensure availability to system users.
This role will also be accountable for planning updates and maintenance of hardware and software resources to mitigate limitations and combat obsolescence. These functions as well as the duties and responsibilities listed below are essential to positively impacting the effectiveness and efficiency of Cities United’s internal management systems.
- Installs, configure and deploy server hardware and software, including operating systems, applications, and patches to support and maintain effective network service operations throughout the organization
- Manages, deploys, configures and maintains technological systems in a virtual environment.
- Creates scripts to monitor systems, diagnostics, resolve issues, and automate routine tasks.
- Creates, and maintains written and verbal procedures; prepares written technical documentation, training material, standards, reports, and other documents as assigned.
- Evaluates systems and alternate solutions; develops functional specifications, standards, and requirements for hardware and software purchase and design to ensure optimum system and end-user performance; makes recommendations for changes and additional services.
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment
- Installs server hardware and components such as disks, memory, and other components; models and tests changes to production systems.
- Trains and provides guidance to all team members as needed.
- Provides general networking, computer, and other technology support as needed.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports related to assigned activities; provide special reports as requested by various departments.
- Assist with data migration from other systems as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years in IT as a developer, consultant, business analyst or systems administrator
- 1+ years as a Salesforce Administrator; Salesforce.com Certified Administrator
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Experience creating documentation for requirements, design, test, and training
- Supports the monitoring, evaluation and maintenance of Cities United’s website in partnership with Director of Marketing and Storytelling
- Provides technical support to all virtual programming including but not limited to Cities United’s Annual Convening, Policy & Practice Learning Series, Roadmap Academy planning lab, Young Leader Fellowship, and more!
- Develops, monitors and maintains the following databases in partnership with Cities United’s Leadership Team: Data Management System (Clear Impact Scorecard), Contact List (SalesForce) and Resource Library (TBD).