Let's Get Ready (LGR) is an innovative, growing nonprofit that provides high school students from low- income circumstances with free SAT preparation, admissions counseling, and other support services needed to gain admission to and graduate from college. In collaboration with colleges, high schools, and community organizations, LGR has grown to serve roughly 9,000 high school students annually through more than 80 programs from Philadelphia to Maine. With a $4.5 million budget and a staff of 28, LGR operates out of its headquarters in NYC and a regional office in Boston. LGR plans to significantly grow the number of students served over the next three years, and is focused on substantially increasing the awareness of results necessary to support this future growth.
LGR uses a unique near-peer model that is proven to connect with students from low-income and first- generation college-going backgrounds. LGR engages and trains college student volunteer Coaches to deliver services. Some Coaches come from similar circumstances to those of the high school students; all have recently gone through the college admission, financial aid, and matriculation processes. From this vantage point, they can connect with high school students and impact them deeply, offering encouragement, inspiration, confidence, and guidance that deliver tremendous results through college admission, enrollment and ultimately graduation. LGR college students graduate at 5 times the national average for students from low-income circumstances.
Poised to scale, LGR is seeking the organization’s first ever Director of Data and Evaluation to develop and execute on strategic evaluation priorities for LGR as the organization moves into its next phase of growth. The Director is responsible for overseeing the collection, tracking, analysis and reporting of all relevant program data used to measure the impact of LGR’s programming. The Director will support the development of a culture that consistently uses data to inform decision-making and program development. Working across the organization, the Director will continually improve the ability of LGR to strategically plan for and report on our impact.
Chief Program Officer.
- Develop and execute on a strategic evaluation plan that measures progress and success against key metrics, with specific emphasis on college enrollment, persistence, and graduation.
- Independently or with external vendors, design and implement evaluation tools to support the strategic evaluation plan, including both quantitative and qualitative data as appropriate.
- Create a tracking and reporting cycle that can accommodate the full breadth of the program and its participants.
- Develop training and oversight system that ensures staff efforts are more data-driven across the organization, and all data is collected in a timely and accurate way.
- Serve as primary point person and data provider for National Student Clearinghouse, National College Access Network, Student Success Network, and all other data consortiums.
- Work closely with organizational and program leadership, ensure consistent access to quality, useful, and timely data and analysis results, and fulfill data requests from across teams.
- Work with external stakeholders, including funders and education reform partners, in order to assure best practices and transparency.
- Produces presentations, high level summaries, and written reports on findings and the effectiveness of outcomes and impact for internal and external audiences.
- Manage one current team member - the Data and Evaluation Manager – with the potential to build a larger team over time.
- Act as a productive member of LGR Extended Leadership Team (ELT); advising on organizational decisions and providing functional leadership and vision across departments.
- A genuine passion for and commitment to LGR's mission.
- Belief that a diverse and inclusive environment will produce the most impact for LGR's students; an ability to build respectful, productive relationships with team members and communities of diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
- At least 5 years of successful experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methods, tool design, and validation.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment with a strong focus on metrics and data-driven decision making.
- Outstanding analytical ability, with advanced statistical knowledge and facility with database application, research services, and statistical packages.
- Exceptional project management, prioritization, organizational and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills, with the ability to operationalize concepts and transform ideas into action as well as apply research findings to ongoing program development.
- Knowledge of research and current trends in near-peer mentoring, education reform, the college access and success gap, and adolescent development strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to engage and inspire others to achieve shared goals, and to share complex data analytics in an accessible and flexible way to multiple audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree in policy, statistics, or similar quantitative field strongly preferred.
Competitive, based on experience.
Candidates in the New York City and Boston areas will be considered, as well as remote employees situated in close proximity to a Let's Get Ready service location.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and detailed cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position along via email to email@example.com. Please put “Director of Data and Evaluation”in the subject heading. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so it is in candidates’ best interest to apply as soon as possible.