The Hotlines Director oversees day-to-day operations of Safe Horizon's three 24 hour Hotlines: the Domestic Violence Hotline, the Crime Victims Hotline and the Rape and Incest Hotline. These programs handle nearly 100,000 calls a year and provide crisis intervention, advocacy, information and referrals. The Director is responsible for providing overall management of the Hotline, using technology to support efficient and effective operations, implementing sound performance management practices, and ensuring that the Hotlines deliver services that are client-centered, trauma-informed, and of the highest quality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes performance standards for all Hotline positions in order to meet program goals.
- Effectively manages and oversees the program budget and forecasts resource needs to meet program objectives.
- Analyzes call volume and performance trends and develops effective action plans to address areas needing improvement
- Leads development of short- and long-term Hotlines strategic goals including developing call analysis and projections that help to position the agency for continued growth as a national thought leader.
- Ensures that calls are addressed in a manner that is consistent with agency practice.
- Quickly addresses lapses in performance.
- Champions quality assurance standards and objectives and implements client-centered safety assessment and risk management practices and protocols.
- Works closely with Research and Evaluation to understand Hotlines' call metrics and uses the metrics to inform oversight of operations.
- Identifies and applies principles that enable continuous quality assurance and process improvement.
- Develops and implements plans to meet service level, response time and quality goals.
- Develops and utilizes mechanisms to track and report key performance indicator data, in collaboration with Research and Evaluation and Information Systems and Technology.
- Identifies obstacles to meeting key performance indicator targets; enacts solutions that meet client needs and support call center objectives.
- Utilizes data effectively to forecast workload and staffing needs. Works with Team Leaders to review and approve Hotlines schedules so that there is adequate phone coverage at all times.
- Develops and updates Hotlines emergency protocols. Develops, tests, maintains, and executes a disaster recovery strategy, in collaboration with Information Systems and Technology and the Health and Safety Specialist.
- Equips Hotlines staff to provide client-centered information and referral by ensuring the availability of a high quality, accurate and up-to-date resource directory that is responsive to client needs.
- Provides on call response to emergency situations 24/7, except when alternative managerial coverage has been prearranged.
- Handles caller grievances as necessary.
- Collaborates effectively with other Safe Horizon departments to maximize quality and integration of services.
Technology and Service Delivery
- Translates call center goals into project plans
- Manages project plans to ensure successful outcomes.
- Oversees Hotlines hiring process. Develops and updates hiring protocols (i.e. Telephone Screening, Interviews, Reference Check Process, New Hire Checklist).
- Assigns staff to Team Leaders and maintains accurate organizational charts.
- Ensures efficacy of new employee training in collaboration with Training Supervisor.
- Collaborates effectively with administrative divisions including:
- Information Systems and Technology
- Facilities and Property Management
- Human Resources
- Responsible for Hotlines staff performance management, working closely with Human Resources on the implementation of any intervention to deal with staff performance issues.
- Provides opportunities for ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Develops and aligns team goals with organizational objectives.
- Identifies and executes a strategy for building team effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance on all funder and statistical requirements for Hotlines.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the production of funder reports, ensuring that these are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Reviews daily and monthly statistical reports.
- Serves as programmatic liaison with Hotlines partners and funders.
- Prepares/reviews and submits Incident Review reports in accordance with Safe Horizon's policy.
- Conduct Hotlines tours and presentations for other Safe Horizon staff, external agencies, funders, donors and other groups. Prepares written and audio materials as necessary.
- Develops and maintains a culture in which supportive reflective supervision is provided to all Hotlines staff
- Works with the Team Leaders to integrate an understanding of systemic racism and its impact upon clients and employees into the supervisory process
- Provides and documents regular individual and group supervision of Team Leaders in accordance with agency policy.
- Ensures that Team Leaders provide regular individual supervision, as well as periodic monitoring of recorded calls, to all program staff in accordance with agency policy, and that supervision is documented appropriately.
- Supervises program staff in the absence of a Team Leader.
- Coordinates with Team Leaders to arrange for regular staff training and other professional development activities.
- Four Team Leaders
- Training Supervisor
- Casual Client Advocate Specialists
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent management skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to communicate effectively with internal and external audiences.
- Computer literacy and analytical skills are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic violence and victimization issues.
- Strong crisis management skills.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and negotiation.
- Leadership ability and willingness to work with a team approach.
- Master's degree in psychology, social work or a related field or equivalent training and experience
- Five years' management experience in a call center or victim assistance setting.
- Experience developing and managing annual operating budgets.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Experience mentoring staff and managing work performance.
- Proven ability to work with and manage a diverse workforce.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and call center applications and methodologies.
- Demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills and time management.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, motivate, develop and retain quality staff.
- Experience implementing and overseeing organizational change strategies and in motivating staff to embrace same.
- Understanding of and commitment to Safe Horizon's mission and strategic plan.
- Capacity to engage in and contribute to ongoing, agency-wide dialogue about systemic racism and its impact on clients, employees, and programs
- Demonstrated managerial experience, utilizing diplomacy, tact, discretion and negotiation skills, with a successful track record of instilling direction and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and influencing the decision making of senior management through a consultative management style.
- Strong advocacy skills to achieve systemic change while balancing the need to work in partnership with various agencies and organizations.
- Commitment to an ongoing process of self-reflection and self-awareness and an understanding of its importance towards increasing communication and collaboration in leadership roles.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of call center (ACD) technology and terminology
- Successful track record developing an annual operating budget, negotiating budget approval, and managing a budget in accordance with variance reports.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon's rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employmentAmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
How to Apply
To apply click on the link below: