PILnet defends the right and asserts the responsibility of all lawyers to represent the public interest. In just societies, law works for all. We envision a world in which law belongs to everyone and protects interests equally. To help realize this, we are building a global network of public interest advocates to engage the legal profession everywhere to ensure that law serves the interests of all. PILnet is a non-profit organization with offices and staff in New York, London, Budapest, Moscow, Beijing, and Hong Kong.
The Development Manager works closely with the President and the Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship to support the full range of fundraising needs of the organization. As an integral member of the Development Team, the Development Manager is primarily responsible for assisting the President to manage the organization’s cultivation of institutional donors and assuring that PILnet meets its annual fundraising goals. The Development Manager will also play the primary role in grant writing as well as collaborate with staff in other offices and programs to improve grant reporting and assist with communications initiatives.
- Support the President and Development Team to plan and execute strategy for cultivation and stewardship of institutional donors.
- Assume primary responsibility for grant writing and reporting, including tracking deadlines, working with program staff on drafting narrative reports, and compiling financial reports with input from finance staff.
- Ensure timely submission of reports and proposals to all institutional donors.
- Conduct and analyze research to identify new sources of institutional giving.
- Play a growing role in proposal development and submission.
- In collaboration with President and field-based program staff, develop and draft concept notes and project proposals.
- Prepare proposal budgets with program staff and finance department.
- Track incoming grants and manage recordkeeping and correspondence.
- Draft correspondence with donors and others.
- Work with finance staff to reconcile revenue tracking and handle other administrative duties for the department.
- As needed, support development and program staff in external communications efforts, including individual donor outreach, writing for the website, event marketing, and enhancing social media presence.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 4 years of experience in grant writing, fundraising or related fields, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Strong professional writing skills
- Proven track record in executing grant proposals and securing gifts from six to seven figures from foundation and government grants
- Experience managing government grants
- Experience with corporate foundations a plus
- Demonstrable diligence and reliability in project management
- Ability to manage time and focus attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to operate effectively and constructively as part of a global team, and ensure effective communication despite geographical distances and language differences between team members
- Proficiency with fundraising databases strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to PILnet's vision and mission
Salary range: $65,000 per year, plus benefits.
PILnet is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds to apply. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How to Apply
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume, two-page writing sample, and cover letter to email@example.com with “Development Manager” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2018
Applications will be reviewed as received and candidates interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.