HSSD is growing and building on its 30-year history of advocacy, leadership, and education promoting death with dignity.
Board members, committee chairs.
The Executive Director:
- Will forecast and grow the membership and donor base.
- Will, through outreach, develop relationships with organizations to which Board members and the Executive Director will speak, including but not limited to social clubs, hospices, and medical associations.
- Will enhance the visibility of HSSD within the San Diego community through social media, in-person networking meetings, and traditional media.
The scope of the position of Executive Director will include undertaking administrative tasks and communicating with Board Directors, volunteers, and/or consultants as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Experience leading people in one or more social welfare or medical organizations.
- Demonstrable experience with social media.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage several concurrent projects and multitask; knowledge of project management tools is a plus.
- Good communications skills (speaking to groups, writing, and grammar).
- Comfortable navigating the web; has a personal internet account and his/her own personal computer and printer(s) (the cost of supplies will be reimbursed).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and a financial accounting system; familiarity with GoogleDocs, Dropbox, Mailchimp (or Constant Contact), and Quickbooks is especially desired.
- We expect the applicant to flexibly apply approximately 20 hours a week to HSSD, including a few hours one Sunday a month.
The salary for this position is negotiable, depending on the candidate's relevant experience and skills to fulfill all job duties.
- Belief in the mission and goals of HSSD (www.hemlocksocietysandiego.org).
- Owns a car and has a clean Driver License for HSSD travel (IRS rate reimbursement).
- Ability to work from home unless meeting with members of related organizations, or networking on behalf of HSSD.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume, a cover letter, and provide three references. Applications close in January 2018. Interviews will begin late January, with a start date soon after.
If mailing: HSSD, P.O. Box 34237, San Diego CA 92163.
If emailing: Pat@HemlockSocietySanDiego.org.