Senior Financial is a program providing counseling and assistance to enable seniors to make informed decisions about their finances.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide counseling, information, advocacy and options to consumers seeking assistance in the areas of foreclosure, mortgage delinquency/default, consumer debt, budgeting, property tax preparation and income tax preparation (when currently certified), counseling related to financial budgeting on a fixed income.
- Assisting seniors, especially those on fixed incomes or without sufficient retirement savings, facing serious financial challenges. Providing and conducting a Senior Citizen Resource Assessment along with program intake sheet.
- Organize and participate in community outreach events, raise awareness through talks, media, and literature. Participate in County Fairs, public speaking engagements
- Provide confidential, individual financial counseling for seniors on-site. Provide one-on-one counseling to vulnerable seniors.
- Attend appropriate trainings and develop and maintain an up-to-date resource file for own use and to be shared with other SFC staff.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Prior accounting and or banking experience preferred.
- Spanish speaking required.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience entering data into various databases, as well as working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Valid NYS driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history. A motor vehicle that is properly registered and insured in accordance with NYS DMV regulations.
- Part-time, 14 hours per week.
- Tuesday & Friday 9am- 5pm
- Paid time off (PTO) after six months of employment.
How to Apply
Visit our careers page at https://familyandchildrens.e3applicants.com/careers/Bilingual-Senior-Financial-Counselor-119 to apply.