The is looking for an Executive Director.
With 159 students from pre-school through fifth grade, we are a dynamic and growing Jewish community. Located in breathtaking Durham, North Carolina, we are within ten minutes of both Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. We are the only Jewish school in the Raleigh-Durham area and play a vital role in crafting the present and future of the community.
We seek a leader who has educational experience and a dedication to Jewish values.
In this role, you will be responsible for articulating and advancing the mission of the school. You will handle all school operations, including supervising the management team and managing and developing community relationships.
You will lead the institution in its various capacities in partnership with a strong academic leader.
Organizationally, you will:
- Support and articulate our school's vision, set priorities, find opportunities for growth, and implement strategic and financial plans with the board of trustees.
- Serve as a spokesperson and school ambassador who can articulate the mission and manage community relations with local and national Jewish communities, trustees, parents, and employees.
- Partner effectively with all community synagogues and the Jewish Federation, which shares our campus.
- Lead our teachers and administrators, seeking out and welcoming opportunities for professional development, discovery, and collaboration.
You will steward the organization's fiscal and operational health:
- Steward our resources, including the physical plant, with the Business Manager.
- Prepare the annual budget and ensure financial sustainability through development and execution of a five-year financial plan with the board's Finance Committee.
- Optimize our facilities, monitoring policies and procedures to promote safety, security, and effective emergency planning with the Security Committee.
- Maintain accreditation and ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal educational regulations and standards.
Development will be significant in your role:
- Refine and implement the development plan in partnership with the Development Director and lay leadership.
- Own the cultivation of donor relationships and solicit existing and potential donors for gifts.
You will partner with the educational team to:
- Inspire and lead the high level of achievement of the school while supporting and playing an active role in the day to day educational needs of the school.
You will partner with the admissions & marketing team to:
- Build and implement a cohesive marketing plan in alignment with Lerner's mission and values.
- Develop targeted marketing and outreach plans for retention and recruitment of students.
Do you lead by example?
- You are passionate about Judaism and have a rich appreciation for the State of Israel, its history, and its role in Jewish education. You are committed to Jewish living and knowledgeable about Jewish values. You carry on and build upon our tradition as a warm, fun, and inviting community that integrates many types of people who share those values.
- You have a track record of leadership. You've interacted with a board successfully before and want to work within a thoughtful governance process. You've raised money for a nonprofit before. You've handled a budget before. You have experience leading change, inspiring and bringing out the best in others, and communicating effectively with diverse groups of people from lay leaders to children and trustees to donors.
- You are knowledgeable about and experienced in education. You may have an advanced degree in administration, management, education, or a related field. We love our children, and you want to know them by name.