Nassau Haven is an emergency shelter and safe haven for adolescents ages 10 to 20.
Provide informal counseling to residents and be available to residents for discussion of problems and goals.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide informal counseling to residents and be available to residents for discussion of problems and goals.
- Assist residents with their daily schedules and any transportation needs.
- Make a daily inside and outside security sweep and maintain all required logs, documentation and any other required administrative tasks as required by the program.
- Orient new residents to the house rules and regulations.
- Assist with maintenance and cleaning of the house.
- Prepare meals for residents and ensure there is adequate food and household supplies.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- HS diploma required, some college preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with adolescents required, residential setting preferred.
- Valid NYS driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history.
- Basic computer skills.
$16.07 per hour, plus benefits and generous time off packages.
- F/T, 40 hours per week.
- Monday through Friday from 4:30pm-12:30am.
- Medical, dental, life, supplemental life, STD/LTD insurance, and employer contributed pension.
- Accessibility to other voluntary benefits such as TDA, flexible spending account, AFLAC cancer care and personal accident insurance.
- 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 11 holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.
How to Apply
Please visit our careers page and apply at https://familyandchildrens.e3applicants.com/careers/Evening-Residential-Counselor-116.