Youth INC’s Mission is to transform the lives of New York City youth by empowering the nonprofits that serve them. Youth INC is seeking a Senior Associate Director of Development to join our team as we deepen our capacity to raise critical funds and other resources to support the most promising youth-serving nonprofit organizations in NYC.
NYC is home to some of the best and brightest youth in the world, but too much of their potential remains unrealized. While there are over 1,500 organizations helping children in New York, it’s hard to identify the best and expand their reach. That’s where Youth INC comes in. We use a rigorous screening process to identify the most promising youth-serving nonprofits. Then we partner to develop robust fundraising capabilities, make influential connections, and issue grants that accelerate growth and drive sustainable scale. This unique venture philanthropy model has helped us raise over $80 Million for over 150 nonprofit partners, enabling them to improve the lives of 150,000 New York City youth every year.
Please visit our website at www.youthinc-usa.org to learn more about our work.
The Senior Associate Director of Development will identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporate partners in expanding their financial and programmatic support of the work of Youth INC. They will lead the State of the Market Conference which brings together top private equity, hedge fund, and senior investment professionals to provide a content-rich forum for financial leaders, while raising critical funds for New York City kids. Additionally, they will lead the Trading Week for Kids initiative and work in coordination with the full Development Team to achieve department-level objectives.
This position works directly with the Director of Development. He/she will be responsible for meeting an annual revenue target by working with a portfolio of corporate donor prospects and current corporate donors to advance the mission of the organization while creating customized CSR strategies for corporate donors through employee engagement with Youth INC.
Director of Development
- Manages corporate partnerships by cultivating new corporate donors targeted at the $25,000+ level and sustaining relationships with existing corporate donors.
- Works 1:1 with corporate donors to develop customized CSR strategies that encourage employee engagement opportunities with Youth INC and its portfolio of nonprofit partners.
- Manage corporate volunteer events between Youth INC corporate partners and nonprofit partners to make meaningful pairings for productive volunteer engagement.
- Cultivates relationships with corporate donors personally and by supporting volunteer leaders and Board members in peer-to-peer outreach, using existing fundraising platforms at Youth INC.
- Manages the Annual State of the Market Conference, a primary fundraising event for Youth INC by overseeing speaker recruitment, sponsorship solicitation, and assisting with Conference logistics.
- Works collaboratively with the Program Team to create skills-based and hands-on volunteer opportunities for corporate employees and Youth INC’s partner nonprofits.
- Supervises quality and efficiency of team Associates; mentor and train Associate-level employees.
- Ensures accurate updating of donor records in database.
- Assists in other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in related field a plus
- 4-8 years professional experience. Corporate partnership/marketing experience required; nonprofit and/or financial sector experience a plus
- Event management and marketing skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial attitude and style
- A passion for fundraising for the cause
- Ability to form relationships with diverse groups of people, including senior level executives – excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information
- Ability to balance the needs of multiple projects
- Desire to succeed in a dynamic, demanding, self-driven atmosphere; entrepreneurial spirit a must
- Volunteer management experience desireable
- Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office and Salesforce preferred
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the attention of Bill Kelly at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “Senior Associate Director, Development” in the subject of the email. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please. EOE.