Youth INC’s Mission is to transform the lives of New York City youth by empowering the nonprofits that serve them. Youth INC is seeking a Senior Associate Director of Development to join our team as we deepen our capacity to raise critical funds and other resources to support the most promising youth-serving nonprofit organizations in NYC.
NYC is home to some of the best and brightest youth in the world, but too much of their potential remains unrealized. While there are over 1,500 organizations helping children in New York, it’s hard to identify the best and expand their reach. That’s where Youth INC comes in. We use a rigorous screening process to identify the most promising youth-serving nonprofits. Then we partner to develop robust fundraising capabilities, make influential connections, and issue grants that accelerate growth and drive sustainable scale. This unique venture philanthropy model has helped us raise over $80 Million for over 150 nonprofit partners, enabling them to improve the lives of 150,000 New York City youth every year.
Please visit our website at www.youthinc-usa.org to learn more about our work.
We are seeking an organized, motivated, and enthusiastic professional to join our team as Office Assistant. This position will report to the Director of Development & Operations and will be responsible for ensuring that our 20-person staff are supported by office and administrative systems to effectively carry out our work. The role calls for a hard worker with high attention to detail who thrives in a team oriented and stimulating work environment with a passion for helping high-risk youth succeed in New York City.
Director of Development & Operations
- Strengthen and oversee office management systems, including but not limited to purchasing and vendor management, office supply procurement and inventory management, equipment lease agreements, and ensuring that all equipment in good working order and cost-effectively repaired/replaced as needed, reception/visitor management;
- Serve a primary liaison to Youth INC’s landlord, ensuring our space is well-maintained and high-functioning;
- Serve as primary liaison to Youth INC’s outsourced IT provider, handling desktop and other equipment management and service contracts, software licenses, basic troubleshooting;
- Maintain Youth INC calendar, and sign-up for meeting rooms and other shared resources;
- Maintain internal email distribution lists;
- Assist with website updates and social media (serving as back-up to marketing coordinator);
- Schedule and coordinate all staff, management team, and internal team meetings and events, develop agendas, organize materials and equipment, order food as needed;
- Assist with new employee orientation and set-up;
- Open all mail, and cull donation checks, and deposit into Youth INC’s bank account;
- Process all incoming bills for payment, ensuring they are within budget and obtaining appropriate approval for payment
- Provide routine administrative support and file management;
- Provide support on special events as needed;
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of experience in office administrative or executive assistant role;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Smartphones and tablets;
- Experience in travel coordination and calendar management;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people;
- High energy work ethic;
- Excellent organizational skills – attention to detail is essential!
- Good problem analysis, assessment and communication skills;
- Pro-active approach to problem identification/resolution;
- Self-starter who is comfortable handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion;
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop a plus;
- Working knowledge accounting systems and familiarity with donor databases (especially Salesforce) highly desirable;
- Knowledge of New York financial sector a plus;
- Takes great pride in being an indispensable resource;
- Desire to succeed in a dynamic, demanding, self-driven work place.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to the attention of Bill Kelly at email@example.com. Please put title of “Office Assistant” in subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please. EOE.