The Robertson Foundation: The Robertson Foundation is a private, family-led foundation established in 1996 by Julian Robertson and his wife Josie. By taking a targeted yet creative approach to philanthropy, Mr. Robertson, the Chairman of Tiger Management LLC., and his family seek to have a positive social impact and create a legacy that reflects the family’s values. At present, the Robertson Foundation is predominantly focused on grantmaking in medical sciences, environment and climate, and public education improvement. In its grantmaking, the Robertson Foundation seeks to optimize the potential impact of its grants.
The Position: Education Analyst will provide dynamic and varied support to the Education Portfolio Lead, and contribute to multiple and diverse projects across the Portfolio’s development and grantmaking activities. This position is an ideal opportunity for an individual seeking philanthropic exposure, who is committed to building knowledge and to excellence in education for all students.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Portfolio development: Conducting, reviewing and synthesizing research; actively contributing to the portfolio in building knowledge of existing research; efficiently and effectively producing concise and insightful internal and external communications.
- Grants management and support: Effectively supporting Portfolio leadership and grant leads across multiple grants; reviewing grantee information and data; communicating with grantees to collect and analyze qual/quant data in an effort to complete and maintain the Foundation’s core records.
Background and characteristics of strong candidates:
- B.A. minimum, and 2-3 years of work experience and/or recent post-graduate experience
- Strong interest in K12 education
- Excellent written, oral communication and research skills
- Accurate and meticulous attention to detail in all matters
- Demonstrated interest in the Foundation’s grant-making approach and areas of funding
- A sense of humor
The position is full-time; compensation includes salary and full benefits package.
How to Apply
If interested, please email or send a cover letter and resume to Ruth Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 101 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10178.
Robertson Foundation values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of diverse backgrounds, sex, race, religion, age, disability, gender preference and sexual orientation.