The Los Angeles Community College District invites applications for the position of Foundation Development Assistant.
This position performs a variety of clerical and technical duties associated with a college or District-wide foundation office and assists foundation management in the development and coordination of fund raising activities, publicity and marketing activities, donor relations, and event planning.
- Coordinates the details of fund raising events such as facility accommodations, invitations, letters of solicitation, event programs, and entertainment.
- Answers inquiries from the public regarding matters such as college mission and goals, gift giving opportunities, and foundation activities and events.
- Explains and interprets fundraising compliance and guideline requirements to potential donors and the public.
- Prepares materials and disseminates information for foundation activities and events.
- Attends foundation activities and events to support and coordinate activities and provide work direction to event staff.
- Effectively utilizes computer equipment, specialized software applications, and a variety of standard office machines used for processing the work of a foundation office.
- Participates in the design, writing, and layout of bulletins, brochures, and news releases to publicize foundation activities and events.
- Contacts potential donors and community groups' representatives to promote foundation activities and events.
- Proofreads and edits reports, records, and other data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established guidelines and procedures applicable to a foundation.
- Prepares and processes operational documents such as budget transactions, purchase requisitions, contracts, and physical plant work requests for the office.
- Receives, records, deposits, and tracks revenues and enters data into donor management computer application such as The Raiser's Edge.
- Verifies and follows-up on deposits, gift requests, matching gift contributors, and credit card charges and provides information to donors and prospective donors as required.
- Maintains database files and records to track contributions, maintain accurate mailing lists, and record fund raising events.
- Prepares descriptive reports and correspondence related to foundation business and fundraising activities and events.
- Posts and otherwise updates information on foundation web pages and social media networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
A. An associate's degree or its equivalent from a recognized college or university preferably including coursework in public relations, business administration, computer applications and office technologies (CAOT), journalism, communications, or a related field AND one year of paid or volunteer experience with an educational foundation, community involvement, public service, or non-profit group which included responsibility for fundraising, funds accounting, and event planning.
B. Graduation from high school or its equivalent AND three years of paid or volunteer experience with an educational foundation, community involvement, public service, or non-profit group which included responsibility for fundraising, funds accounting, and event planning. College-level coursework in public relations, business administration, office administration, journalism, communications, or a related field is desirable.
C. Any equivalent combination of A. and B. above.
For a complete job description including the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities associated with the position please visit our website.
MONTHY SALARY: $3,665-$4,540 per month
*Salary Information is based on a full-time, 12-month position
Anticipated vacancies are located at East Los Angeles College and the District Office.The hiring list established by this examination will also be used to fill future vacancies as they occur during the life of the list.
- Medical and dental insurance and vision care plans are provided for employees and their dependents.
- A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided free of charge for each employee.
- 12 full-pay days and 88 half-pay days of illness leave.
- At least 15 paid holidays per year.
- Vacation days accrue annually beginning at 10 days and increasing incrementally to 24 days depending on years of service with the District. Vacation days for management and confidential positions begin at 15, 20, or 24 days.
- Other paid time off includes: bereavement leave, personal necessity leave, court subpoena, and jury duty.
- Employees become members of the Public Employees Retirement System. The employee contribution rate is 6 percent. The District also contributes to the retirement system. Employees are also covered by Social Security.
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Completed applications must be submitted through our online employment system by 4:00 P.M. on FRIDAY, JANUARY 12, 2018. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. For a listing of other job opportunities with the Los Angeles Community College District, call our 24-hr job hotline, or refer to our Web Page.
Personnel Commission: (213) 891-2129
24-hr Job Hotline: (213) 891-2099
TDD: (213) 891-2408
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 7:30AM - 4:30PM