The Los Angeles Community College District invites applications for the position of Foundation Development Officer.
This position identifies and solicits funds from private individuals, corporations, and foundations, fosters donor relations, and provides assistance in the management of the business affairs of the Foundation at a college or the District Office.
- Identifies and solicits sources of funding including private individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Plans and coordinates activities and events aimed at donor prospects including alumni, retired staff and special target groups.
- Fosters positive and enduring relationships among donors and alumni.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget for Foundation operations.
- Prepares written proposals and reports with recommendations and analyses for the Foundation.
- Assures compliance with all federal, state and local laws, relevant contractual obligations, and recognized accounting and reporting standards applicable to fundraising.
- Develops and implements strategies for volunteer leadership and enhanced community involvement in fund raising activities.
- Designs and writes fund development informational literature.
- Confers with administrators, Foundation Board of Directors and other key individuals in planning and managing specific campaign activities.
- Fully utilizes the capabilities of common and specialized donor management computer software applications in the preparation of donor information and reports for the foundation.
- Develops and maintains systems of prospect management and research, and donor relations.
- Recruits, organizes, and directs the efforts of volunteers in fund-raising activities.
- Attends and participates in various administrative and committee meetings, workshops, and conferences to gather information and identify Foundation goals.
- Makes oral presentations as requested.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
A bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university preferably with a major in fundraising management, non-profit management, philanthropic leadership, or a related field AND three years of full-time, paid or unpaid professional-level experience in fund development or related field with a public or private agency. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis. Experience in an institution of higher learning is desirable.
For a complete job description including the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities associated with the position please visit our website.
MONTHLY SALARY: $6,882-$8,526 monthly
*Salary Information is based on a full-time, 12-month position
The examination process may consist of one or more parts which may include a training and experience evaluation, written test, performance test and/or oral interview.
Anticipated vacancies are location at the District office and Los Angeles Harbor College. The hiring list established by this examination will also be used to fill future vacancies as they occur during the life of the list.
- Medical and dental insurance and vision care plans are provided for employees and their dependents.
- A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided free of charge for each employee.
- 12 full-pay days and 88 half-pay days of illness leave.
- At least 15 paid holidays per year.
- Vacation days accrue annually beginning at 10 days and increasing incrementally to 24 days depending on years of service with the District. Vacation days for management and confidential positions begin at 15, 20, or 24 days.
- Other paid time off includes: bereavement leave, personal necessity leave, court subpoena, and jury duty.
- Employees become members of the Public Employees Retirement System. The employee contribution rate is 6 percent. The District also contributes to the retirement system. Employees are also covered by Social Security.
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Completed applications must be submitted through our online employment system by 4:00 P.M. on FRIDAY, JANUARY 12, 2018.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. For a listing of other job opportunities with the Los Angeles Community College District, call our 24-hr job hotline, or refer to our Web Page.
Personnel Commission: (213) 891-2129
24-hr Job Hotline: (213) 891-2099
TDD: (213) 891-2408
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 7:30AM - 4:30PM