The Center for Vision Loss (CVL) is seeking a dynamic professional for this key full time staff position reporting to the Executive Director. The Center for Vision Loss is dedicated to improving the lives of people with vision loss and promoting healthy vision in the community.
This position will lead the fundraising efforts of CVL and the candidate should be versed in multiple facets of development work, including grant writing, annual giving and event planning, have supervisory experience and possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and communication skills. Requires a strong understanding of fundraising practices and strategies and knowledge base gained through working in multiple aspects of fund development.
- Collaborates with Executive Director, Board, and staff in the implementation of a multi-faceted fund raising plan
- Prospect, cultivate, solicit, develop and maintain relationships with donors at all levels
- Plan, develop and direct the annual appeals and special fundraising events
- Research and submit grant proposals and track grant reporting requirements
- Manage, with PT assistant, the donor database (Donor Perfect) and all donor acknowledgements.
- Oversee volunteers with the conceptualization, development and implementation of special fundraising events.
- Promote services via content and design of fund raising and marketing materials, quarterly newsletter, annual report
- Keep abreast of advancement techniques and utilize the same in growimg the annual appeal and other fundraising opportunities
- 4-year degree.
- Three to five years of direct experience in nonprofit development
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification is a plus.
CVL is pleased to offer a competitive starting wage commensurate with experience and a benefits package including full medical coverage
- A minimum of three to five years direct experience in development, preferably including marketing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; marketing and presentation skills.
- Computer skills including database (Donor Perfect a plus), website content, social media (Facebook)
- Sales experience a plus
- Valid PA driver’s license.
How to Apply
Please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Center for Vision Loss
845 W Wyoming St
Allentown PA 18103
Fax: (610) 433-4856