Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide concerns of Jewish communities around the globe.
The Coordinator ensures that OGIA functions smoothly and effectively within the structure of AJC, and is presented an organized and professional manner. S/he provides vital support for the overall administration of the Washington, DC office, the second largest AJC office, and a locale of many diplomatic and governmental meetings and events.
The Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
The Coordinator assists the Deputy Director, and other essential OGIA staff in the Washington, DC office. The Coordinator is responsible for assuring that the day-to-day needs of the office are attended to allow the other positions in OGIA and the Washington, DC office to fulfill their respective duties. Additionally, the Coordinator often will function as an initial point of contact and vital ambassador for the Washington, DC office and assist colleagues with special projects as needed.
- Responsible for meeting and greeting guests, answering phones and directing calls appropriately, while delivering “Platinum Service.”
- Ensure adherence to AJC’s guest policy and communicate with building concierge when visitors are expected.
- Schedule OGIA meetings on- and off-site, DC office staff meetings, and monthly OGIA calls; prepare meeting materials, arrange room set-up and technology, catering, and any other essential meeting details.
- Monitor and maintain conference room calendars, develop and manage all-OGIA calendar.
- Submit building maintenance requests on behalf of office staff and assure they are fulfilled.
- Assure orderliness of physical space including conference rooms, kitchen, and other common areas.
- Order office and kitchen supplies, maintain inventory, ensure that necessary items are on hand.
- Maintain the DC office staff directory and email lists.
- Serve as primary point of contact in Office Manager’s absence, and support his/her work when necessary.
- Coordinate travel logistics for Director and Deputy Director, and for speakers and other guests.
- Reconcile monthly corporate credit card and expense reports for OGIA Director and Deputy Director.
- Write, compile, and distribute OGIA bi-weekly newsletter.
- Assist with data collection and compilation of quarterly OGIA reports.
- Assist Office Manager in setting up new employees and work stations.
- Organize and prioritize incoming and outgoing mail and packages; liaise with mailroom in New York to assure AJC collateral materials are on hand
- Provide logistical support for OGIA staff planning overseas missions in a variety of ways.
- Perform other assignments or projects as needed. With permission from supervisor, may assist other departments with these tasks.
Personal qualifications and core competencies:
- Bachelor degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality is required
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values
- Computer skills required: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge
- Technical Software (such as HR information systems, IT hardware and software, Financial accounting software, etc)
- Event planning experience including logistics and communications
- Willingness to attend meetings and programs outside of standard working hours on occasion.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/coordinator-ogia-dc-2017/