Education Through Music (ETM) seeks a full-time Grant Writer. The person in this position works in close collaboration with the Director of Development to help ETM meet its institutional fundraising goals. The Grant Writer will be the lead author of LOI’s, proposals, and report narratives submitted to 50-70 foundations, corporations and government agencies each year, will coordinate with other development staff on research and prospecting, and will support other fundraising activities as needed.
Director of Development
- Write and prepare proposals and letters of inquiry to new and existing institutional funders, including foundations, corporate foundations, and government agencies.
- Write and prepare reports to funders.
- Maintain and update departmental style guide.
- Maintain and update document templates for standard proposals and reports. Provide annual narrative reports to other departments as needed.
- Identify and research existing and prospective institutional funders, and assist with cultivating relationships with institutional contacts.
- Monitor and update fundraising calendar and tracking documents related to institutional support.
- Collaborate with Director of Development and development team in ongoing fundraising strategy development and implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in grant writing and related activities.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to translate others’ input into narratives.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment as a team player and to take initiative.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience using a fundraising database and grant research tools.
- Commitment to the mission of ETM.
- Experience creating project budgets and financial reports a plus.
- Grant writing experience specific to education programs and/or arts programs a plus.
Commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please use this link to apply: