We are Foundation Academies. We are the largest charter organization in New Jersey’s capital city, Trenton, serving more than 1,000 of the city’s K-12 population across four schools. We believe every child deserves access to a high-quality education and we work relentlessly to ensure this happens.
We are a team of experienced and mission-driven, urban educators. We value growth mindsets, lifelong learners, and individuals who believe that every child deserves an excellent education. We hold ourselves, our students, and our city to high-standards because that’s what our families deserve.
We are conveniently located a quick car ride to downtown Princeton, a 45-minute SEPTA ride to Philly’s Center City, and a hop on the NJ Transit Express to New York City.
We are Trenton and we are proud of it!
Foundation Academies is seeking a highly committed and talented Communications Associate to join our Home Office family. As a team of like-minded professionals who believe the achievement gap is an injustice, we work relentlessly to fundamentally change the lives of our students by having the highest standards, being data-driven, and showing tough love.
The Communications Associate will spearhead Foundation Academies’ marketing and communication efforts. The Communications Associate will work cross-functionally within the organization to represent the voice of Foundation Academies among various audiences. The Communications Associate will create marketing materials, manage our website and social media presence, contribute to our public relations efforts, write grants, and support development-related communications and events. The Communications Associate must have expert writing and editing skills, design expertise, and a strong project management background. He/she will play a critical role as the primary copywriter and designer across print and digital platforms and ensure that all communications consistently promote the organization’s brand. The Communications Associate will perform research for fundraising opportunities through grant writing by effectively sourcing and soliciting corporate, foundation, government, and individual donations to reach benchmark goals. The role will also require excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to collect and synthesize input from various stakeholders.
Oversee marketing and branding
- Develop communications strategy. Generate content and messaging for Foundation Academies with strategic priorities. Plan and maintain communication calendar and improve internal processes.
- Advocacy for Urban Education. Share the impact and influence Foundation Academy has on our students, the community, and Trenton.
- Identify and prioritize key audiences. Identify strategies that speak to various constituents, produce relevant marketing materials for audiences, and track and analyze results.
- Own and enforce brand. Manage and enforce Foundation Academies’ brand.
- Manage third-party vendors. Work closely with contract graphic designers to execute projects across print and digital media that reflect the School’s brand. Work with third-party vendors as appropriate to manage materials and print orders.
- Manage video production and photo inventory. Create and collaborate on videos that communicate powerfully and succinctly about Foundation Academies to various audiences. Take photos at events as needed and hire photographers on a project basis. Manage on-campus photo shoots. Curate photo library and select photographs for marketing purposes. Experience using editing software (Photoshop, Final Cut Pro) a plus.
Manage external communication
- Prepare marketing collateral. Write and edit copy for the annual report, brochures, school profiles and other external materials to promote and inform various audiences about Foundation Academies.
- Write and produce monthly newsletters. Source contributions, create, write and design donor-facing communications for both electronic and print distribution.
- Maintain website and school app. Work with the school campuses to maintain fresh and relevant content. Track traffic and trends of the website using analytical tools.
- Work with schools to develop a system for school-wide communications.
- Increase the number of followers/traffic on social media (newsletter recipients, Facebook friends, Instagram followers, etc.)
Research and coordinate development and event-related efforts
- Prepare grant proposals and reports. Write proposals and reports for major foundations and corporations.
- Prepare event-related collateral. Assist with creating invitations and event-related materials, and develop program content for external events.
Supporting/Additional Documents Requested
Semifinalist candidates will be required to provide unofficial transcripts, evidence of certification/eligibility, and 5 professional references.
Hired candidates are responsible for the following: official transcripts, criminal clearance (fingerprinting), and medical clearance (TB/Mantoux testing).
How to Apply
To apply, select the link below!