NCFP is a mission-driven, high-performance organization that sets ambitious goals and shares a culture of trust, respect and integrity. NCFP is open to diverse views and new ideas, and values open communication.
NCFP especially values humility, professionalism at every turn, compassion, curiosity, and a belief in the promise and potential of philanthropy to transform families and in turn transform communities.
NCFP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of NCFP to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The National Center for Family Philanthropy (NCFP) is seeking a Vice President, Development and Marketing to join its dynamic and goal-oriented team. This role provides the opportunity to influence the largest and most diverse sector of philanthropic giving in the country and to support philanthropic families and those who work with them. The Vice President, Development and Marketing will work closely and collegially with the NCFP staff and Board of Directors to advance the goals of the organization as a whole.
The Vice President, Development and Marketing is responsible for all fundraising and marketing strategy and execution to increase public awareness of NCFP, inspire target markets to choose NCFP and grow the base of philanthropic support for NCFP. This includes setting the strategic fundraising agenda, executing on that agenda to achieve and exceed revenue goals, and working with colleagues and external partners on all aspects of marketing communication and network outreach.
The Vice President, Development and Marketing is a member of the executive leadership team of NCFP, working closely with the President and Board of Directors to imagine the future direction of the organization.
This position, reporting to the President, will play a lead role in the following initiatives and activities, and is responsible for:
- Developing an annual comprehensive development plan, in collaboration with the CEO and the Board Development Committee, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines.
- Securing all general operating and capacity building grants, as well as writing and submitting new and renewed grants and grant reports.
- Developing, monitoring and achieving annual revenue goals for “Friends of the Family,” NCFP’s community of more than 300 family foundations and donor families whose annual financial support sustains NCFP.
- Developing partnerships and strategic alliances that will feature NCFP’s brand in the philanthropic community and increase avenues of support.
- Working closely with finance and operations staff to monitor cash flow and revenue-to-expense projections.
- Working closely with program staff to review program services to comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding.
- Setting and meeting organizational goals for reserve and sustainability funding.
- Building and cultivating relationships with potential NCFP supporters via personal outreach and interaction. Some travel may be required.
- Developing and executing a comprehensive annual marketing plan that includes target audience profiles, channel strategy and messaging to reach and engage target audiences (e.g. across owned, earned, paid and social media)
- Growing awareness and positive perceptions of the organization and strengthening its reputation with funders and family philanthropists.
- Inspiring internal staff and external partners to deliver services, products and communications that reflect and advance NCFP’s unique brand position.
- Identifying the need for and managing the production and distribution of high-quality ancillary materials to support development and marketing goals.
- Overseeing development and marketing staff, agency and consulting partners.
- Identifying cultural trends related to philanthropy broadly (and family philanthropy specifically) that could drive fundraising and marketing, and for identifying new opportunities and avenues for growing revenue and audience reach.
- Identifying opportunities for the organization and its staff to be seen/positioned as thought-leaders, fortifying the relevance and value of the organization.
- Staying abreast of the competitive landscape, and amplifying brand values to ensure NCFP’s leadership position in the market, ensuring a solid foundation for all fundraising and marketing activities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including writing for fundraising, print, web and social media. Experience implementing an effective social media strategy preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required with at least 7-10 years of experience in marketing and development. Experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Proven success in areas of individual and foundation giving as well as grant writing and fundraising.
- High energy, self-motivated team player, and a passion for mission-driven work is essential.
- Working mastery of computer programs including Microsoft Office, and familiarity with SalesForce and Act-On marketing software.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment and initiative in organizing work, establishing priorities and meeting demanding project goals.
- Ability and willingness to be a hands-on contributor to NCFP initiatives at all levels.
- Strong team orientation and willingness to be flexible and facilitate cross-functional teams.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.