The Parkinson’s Foundation is seeking a goal-oriented and self-motivated professional for the position of Director of Community Engagement. The Community Engagement department is charged with ensuring that the foundation is continually identifying, listening and responding to the needs of the Parkinson’s community as collaborators and partners. The role of the Director of Community Engagement is to oversee the development and delivery of community-based education and empowerment programs for the foundation. The location for this position is flexible; it will be determined by candidate location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate community-based programs, initiatives, and opportunities to encourage and promote education and empowerment among the Parkinson’s community.
- Identify gaps in community-based programs and ensure a consistent experience for people affected by PD participating in foundation programs throughout the country. Ensure community-based programs are available to underserved and culturally diverse populations.
- Lead the local implementation and ongoing delivery of PD SELF, a key foundation nationwide initiative, in which individuals newly diagnosed with Parkinson’s and their care partners meet monthly to learn how to use self-efficacy to manage their Parkinson’s disease successfully.
- Ensure methods to collect feedback and data on impact are in place and used to determine and ensure impact, continuous improvement and excellence.
- Build, develop and maintain strong relationships with local and regional community-based organizations and develop partnerships to advance community engagement goals.
- Provide overall leadership and management of community-based program team. Lead, inspire, manage, coach and develop the team to accomplish their goals and grow as professionals.
- Represent foundation at external meetings as needed.
- Maintain annual community-based program and PD SELF budgets and calendar.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree (MSW or MPA) preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years healthcare experience. Non-profit experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of self-efficacy and performance metrics.
- Proven track record of effective leadership and ability to deliver patient-focused high-quality programs, navigate complex issues, manage multiple stakeholders, make decisions and drive strong results.
- Strong proficiency in project management with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly collaborative; ability to work independently and as part of a larger team including supervising others.
- Solid understanding of program and training methodology and design.
- Excellent presentation and written skills.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Director, Community Engagement” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.