About UpValley Family Centers: We operate family resource centers in Calistoga and St. Helena. Our mission is to provide guidance, support, and resources in the community, in the home and for the individual, so that everyone can achieve a better life. We reach all ages with a variety of programs and serve as essential resource hubs for residents living in the upper valley of Napa County, including emergency assistance for victims of recent wildfires. We maintain partnerships with over 40 early childhood programs, school districts, nonprofits, city and county agencies. Learn more at: www.upvalleyfamilycenters.org.
The Family & Emergency Services Specialist provides case management services to households affected by the Northern California Wildfires. He/she works collaboratively with UpValley Family Center staff and local service providers/partner organizations to support the process of recovery for local residents affected by the wildfires. This is a temporary, full-time position of up to 6 months.
- Assess client needs and provide services offered by the UpValley Family Center (UVFC) Fire Relief Program or referrals to partner organizations.
- Provide information to clients about services, screen them for eligibility and enroll them in appropriate programs.
- Provide ongoing case management and follow-up for families in need.
- Assist clients to access community resources and social support networks.
- Maintain detailed records of all communications/contacts with families requesting assistance. Regularly maintain/update the client database.
- Work collaboratively with other UVFC staff to implement the Emergency Financial Assistance Program. Make connections with other community-based financial or in kind support programs, ensuring proper client enrollment.
- Develop and participate in outreach strategies to bring the services of UVFC to more families.
- Collaborate on special projects as needed.
- Assist with narrative reports for funding sources about the services provided.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and other functions as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
An appropriate combination of education and experience to perform the essential duties is required. The ideal candidate will have:
- BA/BS Degree in social work, sociology, human services or related field is preferred
- written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish is required
- excellent customer service skills and service-oriented; experience with and sensitivity to individuals and families in crisis
- understanding of client confidentiality and professional boundaries
- ability to work with diverse ages and backgrounds
- knowledge of safety net resources available to individuals and families; interest in learning about new resources and sharing information with others
- ability to work well with staff at all levels of the organization
- knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database management software and internet navigation
- knowledge of Napa County
Salary competitive, depending on experience. Paid sick, vacation, holiday pay and health benefits.
How to Apply
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled. No phone calls please.