The Los Angeles Master Chorale, a resident company of The Music Center of Los Angeles, seeks a skilled Institutional Giving Manager to create, develop and execute strategic fundraising plans for foundation, corporate and government giving to the Los Angeles Master Chorale.
Chief Advancement Officer
- Research, develop, and submit grant proposals, funding requests, and applications for Master Chorale programs and activities, including case statements, narratives, substantive data, budgets, and supplemental materials, for support by foundations, corporations and government funders.
- Meet or exceed an annual contributed revenue goal established in connection with the Master Chorale’s business planning/budgeting process, working collaboratively with Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Advancement Officer.
- Develop strategies for new or increased support from current and prospective funders
- Lead all grant reporting activities including the preparation of narrative and financial reports, invoices, program documentation, and media coverage.
- Build robust corporate prospect list and cultivate new donations from this constituency
- Ensure organizational compliance with all active grant contracts, including crediting, deliverables and reporting.
- Steward and cultivate the Master Chorale’s relationships with current and potential institutional funders, including invitations to concerts, as well as education and donor events, and site visits as necessary.
- Manage donor crediting process and ensure accurate listings and logos on the Master Chorale’s website, in Performances Magazine, on signage and on appropriate education program materials.
- Maintain financial reports on Institutional Giving for use by Senior Staff, and maintain institutional fund database and records.
- Write, produce and disseminate Annual Report to institutional funders, donors and Board and produce other development copy as needed including articles and editorial text for newsletters and program book.
- Attend Master Chorale concerts and events as needed to provide support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Creative, results-oriented individual with an entrepreneurial drive to generate new ideas and strategies to help build institutional giving
- Proven, experienced grant writer
- Ability to work effectively with board members and volunteers, providing them with strong support and inspiring them to productive action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, generate new ideas, set priorities, execute goals and objectives and meet financial goals and deadlines
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- A passion for the mission and aspirations of the Master Chorale; the ability to eloquently articulate the organization’s mission, values, achievements, potential, and future goals to internal and external audiences.
A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and excellent benefits will be provided.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter specifying how your experience relates to this position with the LA Master Chorale and a current résumé. Please attach documents in .pdf or .doc format.
Submit application materials at www.lamasterchorale.org/auditions-jobs