As one of the largest public health service nonprofit organizations in New York City, Public Health Solutions (PHS) improves health among the city’s most vulnerable populations by tackling social and clinical factors that impact New Yorkers’ ability to thrive. Today PHS serves 200,000+ New Yorkers annually, and we support the work of more than 200 community-based nonprofit organizations. PHS implements innovative, cost-effective population-based health programs; conducts research providing insight on effective public health interventions; and provides services to government and other nonprofits to address public health issues. Together with our colleagues in the service sector, government, philanthropy and policy organizations, we are thought leaders and cutting-edge public health professionals in New York City, New York State and truly, throughout the country.
Highlights of our work include:
- Providing direct services to over 80,000 New Yorkers a year, primarily families with children. These services address critical needs in low-income communities, including food security; nutrition and obesity; women’s reproductive health; early childhood development; HIV prevention and access to care; quality healthcare access; and tobacco control.
- Promoting the imminent eradication of AIDS in NYC through research, service delivery and funding administration. We engage 200+ community-based organizations around the city in HIV-related outreach. Our network serves 96,000 people living with or at risk of becoming infected with HIV/AIDS.
- Developing technology-based interventions and social marketing public health campaigns using video, social media, and interactive internet-based applications, specifically in the areas of reproductive health, HIV prevention and childhood obesity prevention.
Contracting and Management Services (CAMS), a division of Public Health Solutions, administers millions of dollars in public health funding through “master contracts” with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYCDOHMH). Since 1991, CAMS has funded services for people living with HIV/AIDS under the federal Ryan White Treatment Modernization Act, and since 2000, for HIV prevention services. CAMS contracts with community-based organizations, hospitals, clinics, mental health clinics and other organizations for services in areas as diverse as early childhood mental health, cancer screening, substance abuse treatment and risk reduction, family planning and HIV/AIDS. In addition, CAMS has recently expanded its portfolio of contracting services to include a broad array of non-HIV/AIDS public health and human services initiatives.
CAMS implements innovative reimbursement and monitoring approaches, and helps service providers to meet their contractual goals through direct technical assistance and partnering with NYCDOHMH for program assistance. CAMS promotes effective service delivery, program and fiscal integrity by setting and communicating standards, and by collecting, analyzing and reporting on program data.
Public Health Solutions seeks a Manager for Programs to provide management of the day-to-day operations within the Programs Unit, which includes ensuring adherence to performance measures (payments, contract negotiations, site visits and all relevant program operations) and monitoring and reporting specific and global trends/issues impacting the effectiveness of administration and monitoring of contracts.
- Train and supervise Sr. Contract Managers, Contract Managers and Contract Coordinators through comprehensive orientation, weekly individual supervision and Programs Unit staff meetings.
- Provide support to Programs Unit staff during site visits, modifications, contractor payments, closeouts, and other areas, as needed, use data to support work.
- Assist contractors and Programs Unit staff in developing contract documents that reflect efficient and appropriate use of available resources.
- Oversee monitoring activities to ensure contractors comply with the RFP and program policies and that the Programs Unit staff comply with monitoring obligations.
- Reviews and approves work (site visit reports, contract documents, modifications, compliance related materials, payments, etc.) of Sr. Contract Managers, Contract Managers, and Contract Coordinators.
- Monitors staff work product and progress and ensures compliance with timelines for key work processes; serve as driver for specific processes.
- Under direction of Deputy Director for Programs, assists in developing policies and procedures for administering contracts.
- Updates policies to reflect grantee/funding source changes, and ensures staff training regarding funding regulations.
- Ensures policies and procedures are implemented correctly by staff.
PHS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, and veterans.
- Master’s degree in human services/public or business administration.
- 5 years’ experience managing health, social services, or related service programs, 6 years preferred.
- Effective problem-solving and negotiating skills; strong leadership/motivational skills; strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task; ability to work autonomously within established precedents; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with staff management or project management; knowledge of HIV service provision; familiarity with non-profit organizations.
- Budgeting/fiscal skills and related contract, program experience preferred
How to Apply
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER AND CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK: